We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coffee in Maui

Cottonwood, Ca
Level Contributor
118 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Coffee in Maui

Hello,

I'm headed to Maui in October for the very first time. Coffee is my passion, when I little my aunt would send my Grandmother the most amazing Kona Coffee. You can't buy anything like this in a store. We are staying in Kihei-Where can I find amazing coffee?

CoffeequeenJ

Level Contributor
239 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coffee in Maui

There is a BadAss coffee company in Lahaina. They have really good coffee. Believe it or not you can get pretty good coffee beans at any ABC store in Hawaii. Lion brand is good. If you were going to the Big Island there are lots of coffee plantations to tour and sample but not on Maui. It's not hard to find a good cup of coffee though. Look also for Maui coffee roasters in Kihului ( the town were the main airport is) I have purchased good beans there before too.

Menifee, California
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coffee in Maui

Aloha!

I second BadAss Coffee...best in Maui in my opinion.

They had a good, strong Mocha that I liked.

They have one on S. Kihei Road.

Bryan Brown

BBrown9825@aol.com

lwj
Norcal
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coffee in Maui

A third vote for BadAss... we prefer the 100% Kona Peaberry French Roast, but my sister likes the Full City Roast.

You can go in and try several types that they have brewing for the day.

There are blends of the Kona, Pure Kona, Kona Peaberry... there are coffees from Kauai, Molokai and even a Maui grown coffee.... it all depends on your personal tastes.

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coffee in Maui

If you haven't yet, try 100% Kona, 100% Peaberry! BadAss has it...& it's just amazing!!

Peaberry occurs in just 3 to 5% of the Kona coffee crop, where just one single bean is produced per coffee cherry, compared to the usual two.

It's pretty expensive, but worth it for those with a true coffee passion!!!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
42,991 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coffee in Maui

Maui coffee roasters has opened a new shop in Lahaina. It is on Lahainaluna Rd. next to the old sugar mill. Also, if you want to brew a cup of 100% Kona coffee, buy Kona Joe's. They have good prices at Star Market in Kihei.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coffee in Maui

Anthonys coffee in Paia has great fresh roasted coffees. Paia is worth a stop - nice little shops and restaurants.

Spokane, WA
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coffee in Maui

Another vote for Badass Coffee. But also, Sir Wilfred's has a good coffee and tea assortment.

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coffee in Maui

I believe Sir Wilfred's only has a kiosk @ Whaler's Village (in Kaanapali) 'tho - perhaps a bit far from Kihei...

Spokane, WA
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coffee in Maui

I believe Sir Wilfred's only has a kiosk @ Whaler's Village (in Kaanapali) 'tho - perhaps a bit far from Kihei..

Actually there is also one at the Lahaina Cannary Mall. But yes, you are correct, a little far from Kihei.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coffee in Maui

Do they sell any of these recommended Maui brands in the grocery stores there? I want to make just one stop for groceries to maximize relaxing time!