We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July 4th Fireworks on Maui?

ga
11 posts
Save Topic
July 4th Fireworks on Maui?

Any locations you know of?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,802 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July 4th Fireworks on Maui?

I believe there are some in South Maui at The Grand Wailea

so. cal
Level Contributor
702 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July 4th Fireworks on Maui?

Lahaina has a display. That's where we will be. Can't wait!

Mike

Maui
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: July 4th Fireworks on Maui?

In front of the Grand Wailea is great. You can sit right on the beach and enjoy the show. People also bring their own and light them up on the beach....dangerous but really, really cool

so. cal
Level Contributor
702 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: July 4th Fireworks on Maui?

Hey Sue... We are staying in Kehei so the Grand Wailea would be closer for us. Have you seen both displays? Can you compare one to another. Thanks, in advance, for any info. If anyone else has an opinion on GW vs Lahaina I'd love to know.

Mahalo!

Mike

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: July 4th Fireworks on Maui?

We were there in Lahaina for the 4th last year and had a blast. Yes it is a real pain when leaving but worth it. They close off Front St. at 4PM I believe. You get to check out Lahaina with a lot more room since everyone isn't on the sidewalks and trying to dodge cars while crossing the street. There was some music going on down by the library but it was pretty crowded so we staying towards the other end near Hard Rock. The fireworks were awesome. The show wasn't real long but I have never seen so many fireworks dumped into one show. Their finally had more in it than whole shows here on the coast. I do think if we do go again we will try to park out by the highway if possible and walk into town. It's only a few blocks but the time you could save getting out of the parking lots could be a lot. About 90% of the people lose all their manners after the fireworks are done. But like I said, still worth it. We had a blast watching the people in front of the Cheeseburger in Paradise before the fireworks. They brought out some Hula Hoops. Wish I had a video camera, it was hilarious. If you can kill and hour or so to let the bulk of the people get out you can avoid much of the traffic. We have not seen the Wailea fireworks but with the late hour and the traffic going back south that display may be better for you.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
64 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: July 4th Fireworks on Maui?

Anyone know if you can you see the fireworks from the southern part of Kaanapali Beach, or do you have to actually be in Lahaina?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: July 4th Fireworks on Maui?

Get there really early, it fills up quick, people were packed shoulder to shoulder on the streets. Or get reservations at one of the rooftop restaurants =) Lisa, SF

Maui
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: July 4th Fireworks on Maui?

Maui Sue here again. I have not seen the fireworks show in Lahaina. The great part about the Grand Wailea is that you can bring a blanket or chairs and sit on the beach. Quite a few people go there but it is definitely not what I would consider packed. I am not sure but it sounds like in Lahaina you stand on main street shoulder to shoulder with people. The relaxed atmosphere of the beach, is for my family, is much better even if the fireworks display isn't as good (don't know). The fireworks are great shooting right over the ocean. And the people on the beach have a great time. We hung around afterwards and enjoyed the fireworks that others were shooting off. Last year they said that no one was allowed to shoot them off on the beach but it was amazing how many people were. Just little ones, of course. THe beach patrol rode around on ATV's and told people to quite lighting them but it would all start up again when the ATV's were leaving. No one got in any trouble. It was a fourth of July like I have never experienced before and we are definitely going back this year.

9. Re: July 4th Fireworks on Maui?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 12:22