We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Lahaina or Eldorado

jrj
Level Contributor
131 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Lahaina or Eldorado

We'd like to take my mom to Maui next year. In the past we have stayed at Royal Lahaina and have enjoyed it - the perfect location on Kaanapali. I have heard that they will be tearing down their cottages and putting up condos. WHen I called the hotel, they couldn't or wouldn't say when it was scheduled for. So, if we can't get a 2 bedroom cottage, we are considering a condo at Eldorado. Concern with that property is the long walk to the beach. Also, I don't recall what the cabana is like - is it crowded? Does it have a kitchen? A bathroom?

Any comments or suggestions?

Kissimmee Fl
Level Contributor
138 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Lahaina or Eldorado

Hi iri,

We have stayed at both we are staying at the Eldorado in June. The condos are nice at the Eldorado about 5 minutes or less easy walk to the cabana.The cabana is nice about 12 Lounge chairs with a kitchen 4 round tables with chairs inside kitchen sliding doors and a bathroom on the side, and beach towels, free parking. We always go to the Royal Lahaina to eat and get a few Hawaiian drinks at the Ocean Terrace Lounge if you check out the Entertainment.com book the restaurant and lounge have disconts on food. Some months half price off on the condo at the Eldorado with the E- book,you can call and ask. We did get the half off in May of 2003 but not in June this year. We like the Royal Lahaina but it is starting to show its age needs work. You can walk to the Royal Lahaina down by the cabana it goes by the back of the cottage. A easyer walk then the road.

Aloha Ann

jrj
Level Contributor
131 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Lahaina or Eldorado

thanks, annmike.

One more question - with only 12 chairs on the cabana, does it get crowded? We really would prefer to sit by the ocean. We have found that pools are usually over run with children running, screaming and splashing - just being kids, of course, but not the quiet I think my mom would enjoy.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Lahaina or Eldorado

check polynesianshores.com. This condo complex has a deck that overlooks the ocean - literally the water laps at the edge of the deck, and it is just yards from the units. I took my 82 yr old mother there in Feb and she loved sitting on the deck and watching the turtles feed and the whales offshore. Just a bit up the road is another complex, no deck, but at all these spots the lanais are really close to the water too. If your mom wants to swim you can drive about 10 min to Kapalua beach - where there is a great beach, with shady areas as well as sunny and easy swimming. We took a large plastic deck chair right off the lanai and took it to the beach for her (she can't get in and out of a regular beach chair). Also check Mahinasurf.com and One Napil Way. These are all about 10 min from Kaanapali as well.

Kissimmee Fl
Level Contributor
138 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Lahaina or Eldorado

We have stay at the Eldorado 4 times not alot of childen I only seen 3 at the cabana not to crowded we always get a sit. They have free beach chairs low sand chairs for the beach the cabana is right on the beach. 3 Pools 1 nice large one 2 small.We are in our 50's so we like to have a nice quiet time at the pool and the large pool is so big you can move to the other side. But we only seen a few childen at the pool, this is a nice low key place. We alway go in June only one time in May. I think it would be a good place for your Mother.

Aloha Ann

Kissimmee Fl
Level Contributor
138 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Lahaina or Eldorado

We get a seat not a sit sorry about the spelling. Eldorado is 4 times more quiet than the Royal Lahaina and we still like the Royal Lahaina. The condos are more quiet than most hotels. This one is low key we have stayed at alot of places in Maui. We pick this one just for the quiet and location.

Aloha Ann