We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What cars at Alamo?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,985 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What cars at Alamo?

Does anyone know if Alamo on Maui carried Chrysler, GM or Ford cars? Thanks for your imput.

Haiku
Level Contributor
721 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What cars at Alamo?

The main Alamo reservation # says they have these - but would not confirm if all of these, or any other models, might be available on Maui. We are calling and e-mailing and internet searching for good deals ... so this is what we found so far.

Chevy Aveo; Chevy Cobalt; Pontiac G6 sedan; Chevy Monte Carlo; Grand Prix GT or Chevy Impala LS; convertibles -- Chrysler Sea Bring; plus SUVs and a Chevy Uplander 7 passenger minivan

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,985 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What cars at Alamo?

Thanks for your help. I know that the main page says mostly GM cars, but sometimes different locations vary. Just want to know what kind of POS I am in for. lol. Thanks again.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,036 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What cars at Alamo?

Fitz,

Two years ago I rented a Dodge Stratus from Alamo. Everything was fine with it.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,985 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What cars at Alamo?

Thanks, Den. I will keep my hopes high. lol.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,036 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What cars at Alamo?

As you should (insert "vibes" emoticon here) :-)

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: What cars at Alamo?

For convertibles, they have Ford Mustangs and Chrysler Sebrings. They only had Mustangs available when we picked up our car. It was fine - clean, no damage, no problems. We rented through Priceline.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,985 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What cars at Alamo?

Gangagal. We originally had a convertible booked with our package, but a few other of our friends decided to go staying at the same hotel. So we canceled and now we got a premium car to fit us all. I got it through priceline as well, so can not cancel this one. But then our other friends decided to get their own car, and got a convertible. Now we are stuck with the 4 door. ARGH! Anyone know if I can change the type of car with priceline, or am I stuck now.

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What cars at Alamo?

We had a full-size on Maui and were able to choose from Impalas, Lesabre, Malibu, and Grand Am on the lots. For our convertible on Oahu, we were supposed to get a PT cruiser, but had a choice of a Mustang or Sebring instead.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: What cars at Alamo?

I don't think you can change the car through Priceline (unless they gave you an upgrade offer when you "won" your bid) but in most cases you can upgrade directly through the rental company if other cars are available. Unfortunately the upgrade cost may wipe out your savings for going with Priceline. It wouldn't hurt to call the rental co and ask and then ask again at the counter when you go to pick up the car. If you will be able to do the Road to Hana with your friends in their convertible, you might be just as happy with the other car. Even with only two people, the extra trunk space will be nice - especially if you are planning to stop at Costco or a grocery store on your way from the airport.

We "won" a full size car with National (through Priceline) on Oahu and my friend upgraded to a convertible before we got there (we got a VW - glad we were only there for the day - fun car but TINY trunk).

10. Re: What cars at Alamo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 23:19