We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you pay fee to use a resort pool for a day??

washington dc
Level Contributor
106 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Can you pay fee to use a resort pool for a day??

Hi, we are not staying at a luxury resort, cant afford it and we are not really "resort" people anyway, but I thought it would be nice to be able to spend a few hours at a pool bar on the grounds of a nice resort., such as four seasons.....can you pay a day fee, I understand that people pay a ton of money to stay at these resorts so Im sure the answer is No, but thought I would ask anyways.....

Menifee, California
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you pay fee to use a resort pool for a day??

Aloha!

Hyatt used to allow it...don't know if they still do...it was about $75, and you had to get there early in tghe morning to buy the pass as the #'s were limited.

Bryan Brown

BBrown9825@aol.com

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,287 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you pay fee to use a resort pool for a day??

This was sometimes possible at Grand Wailea, usually only during a low-occupancy season. No harm in phoning to find out.

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
809 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you pay fee to use a resort pool for a day??

The Sheraton have staff that come around the pool area's. They ask if you are staying with them, give you a wristband and ask for your room number, so Im assuming this is a no at the Sheraton.

Spokane
Level Contributor
238 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you pay fee to use a resort pool for a day??

Most of the nicer resorts offer check out rooms avail for the day for around $100? They are avail to hotel guests first and then to others if any are left. Grand Wailea resort has the best pools but the only way you can use is if staying at the resort. I don't think they have offered day passes since shortly after 9/11 but they do offer check out rooms. Best bet is to put the #'s in your phone and call in the morning to see if check out room is avail.

All of the beach areas are free to the public. The Sheraton's beach is great and they have a little bar/food service by the pool that you can use.

If you have kids they do make sure they have a bracelet on. They never seem too concerned with adults but I think they pretty much figure if your children have a bracelet on that they are accompanied by the adult hotel guest.

Another way you may be able to use the pools is to book a spa treatment? Or perhaps book one of the less desireable rooms with a view of the airconditioning system or parking lot if avail for the night at a much discounted rate? Sometimes calling last min and talking to someone directly on site vs. 1-800# can get you a bargain.

One of the biggest costs at the nicer resorts is the food and drink avail at the pools. Kids actually can cost the most if they are ordering smoothies....

Los Gatos, CA
Level Contributor
119 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you pay fee to use a resort pool for a day??

Grand Wailea, is definately a NO. I had asked via email.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
37,037 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you pay fee to use a resort pool for a day??

you asked about the pool bar ...

you can definitely go to the bar and soak up the ambience by patronizing the bar as long as you can stand not going in the pool.

If I want to feel like a resort guest without paying the big bucks for a room, I'll often get a drink and pupus or lunch and then walk down to the beach that is most often nearby. But then, I'm not too hung up on pools when there is warm ocean.

You didn't say if you would be taking kids or not ... kids would probably feel tortured at not being allowed in the pool, and they can't sit at the actual bar ... but can sit at the tables. Pool loungers and cabanas will be for room guests only. This kind of visit is more fun for adults I think. The drinks do cost a lot, but it can be a fun splurge.

I'm pretty sure that spa treatments don't come with pool privileges, as this has been discussed a lot here and surely it would be a common tip if it did work. (and the spa treatments really cost a lot to those of us who can't afford luxury resorts).

Have fun!

7. Re: Can you pay fee to use a resort pool for a day??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 06:33