We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Longest Two Weeks....

Cottonwood, Ca
Level Contributor
118 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
The Longest Two Weeks....

Okay, is it just me? It seems the that these last two weeks before we leave are lasting forever. I have a lot to do...but man has time slowed down or what? I just cannot wait to get to Maui...Anyone else chomping at the bit?

Jen

Level Contributor
239 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Longest Two Weeks....

Hey, I have NINE weeks to wait and I am so excited already I can hardly stand it!!!!! I think about it most of the day. Oh, to sit on the sand on kaanapali beach.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Longest Two Weeks....

wait and see how fast your days on Maui will fly by. Enjoy these two weeks!

Cottonwood, Ca
Level Contributor
118 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Longest Two Weeks....

I had that feeling...I guess I'm excited but also tired and a little grumpy in need of a vacation...it's been over a year --and if one more sick little kid coughs in my face at work..

Jen

lwj
Norcal
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Longest Two Weeks....

Like waiting and watching for paint to dry???

It is the little kid in us that wants the fun to start NOW!

berkley, ma
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: The Longest Two Weeks....

NO IT IS NOT JUST YOU !!!!

I know the feeling also the next two weeks "is" like paint drying. I hope when we get there it will also drag but that is highly unlikely.

I have been trying to get to my HI vacation for 4 years and I think the last 2 weeks is the longest.

Cottonwood, Ca
Level Contributor
118 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Longest Two Weeks....

I've been waiting 30 years since I could locate it on a map.

It is like waiting for water to boil.

Is it also in the manual that there must be major crisis at work right before vacation? Seems like it....

Jen

berkley, ma
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: The Longest Two Weeks....

Coffequeen

You win the big Kahuna award for waiting.

And far as work they only make it seem like it's a crisis because they are all jealous and want you to think of them back at work. FORGET everything and everyone YOUR on vacation :-))

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,013 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Longest Two Weeks....

In addition to time dragging, I have begun obsessing. I have nightmares that I'm in the hotel the night b4 and the alarm doesn't go off and we miss our flight. I also worry that soemone will get sick (I have a slight cold right now :-( ), or that we get in a wreck on the way to the airport.

It's all part of the "fun" of planning a trip to Maui I guess???????

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Longest Two Weeks....

Oh I do that! Last night I had a dream that we went to Maui and the condo we rented was a complete dump, it was on a river instead of the ocean (????) and I forgot to get someone to take care of the dog!!!

Chanhassen...
Level Contributor
89 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Longest Two Weeks....

Leave oct 18 and it can't come soon enough. With all the work to do before though it is not dragging by too bad.

I get home and jump on here and that's what makes me wild as I can't wait to experience all the things that everyone is talking about. I'm still a little in wonderment about what to do but think I'll play it by ear. I've gotten a lot of great advice and feedback and will just let the moment move me on what to do.

Some non negotiables for me are: Snorkeling, Sunrise at Hale, and a catamaran. And that's just in Maui! Oahu is the 2nd part of the trip and still trying to figure out what not to miss there.