We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zip Line??

Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Zip Line??

Does anyone know if the second Zip Line is built or completed yet in the Ioa Valley??

Prosper, Texas
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zip Line??

The second one is open and located near Kaanapali, not Ioa Valley. If you do a search on this forum, there have been quite a few postings on this one.

Haiku
Level Contributor
721 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zip Line??

Go to Skyline's web site - the same outfit owns/runs both the zip line just outside national park on Haleakala in central Maui ... and the newer one with more zips in west Maui. And as noted before, search on zipline by date and you can see quite a few recent posts on this subject.

Greenacres, WA
Level Contributor
704 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zip Line??

We did the Kaanapali zipline yesterday morning :-)

AWESOME!!!!! Great fun guides, going to do again some year. Might be a little scary for some older guests. I'm almost 30 and it was my boyfriends 35th bday and he's terrified of heights. He was first to zip and it's was extreamly easy. I still never felt like a rollercoaster and was expecting a bit more of an adrenline rush. . .nevertheless is was a great trip and they don't take you up in the open 6 wheel jeap anymore. . .way to dusty so it's a fun very bumpy van ride up. The helmets they make you wear are honestly for the van ride, not the ziping. It was great and I highly recomend. . .wonderful weather, mild winds and a great view.

Worth every penny. . oh and I have 3 to 6 videos I'll be posting when we get back next week. Lots of pix too.

Greenacres, WA
Level Contributor
704 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zip Line??

SWEET!! First time posting a video and it just completed and seemed to work fine. This is a video of a friend we met along the way, her zip was smoot and a great clip. Will have more videos later. . .took lots. .i'm a digital junky. . so far about 400 pix (not including the underwater cams) and 10 to 30 videos. (for the entire trip. . .not just the zipline :-)

5. Re: Zip Line??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 11:24