We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ke'anae Peninsula & Kaanapali Zipline

Greenacres, WA
Level Contributor
704 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Ke'anae Peninsula & Kaanapali Zipline

I just uploaded video of both the crashing waves at the Ke'anae Peninsula.

We enjoyed this stop more then any waterfall. This location is beautiful and the thunderous crashing waves made my heart pound. You can get extremely close and still be/feel safe. The video should be available very soon.

Also, added another zip video of my boyfriend on the Kaanapali Zipline. If any of the rest of our party from that day is reading this I have video's of you also, I just happened to loose your email addresses so please contact me and I can send them.

This was the 8am group from Oct 6th.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
353 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ke'anae Peninsula & Kaanapali Zipline

Did you stop at the food stand on the way down to the Ke'anae Peninsula? We picked up a couple of burgers and some banana bread and ate while watching the waves pound. It was awesome. One of my favorite stops on the way back from Hana.

Greenacres, WA
Level Contributor
704 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ke'anae Peninsula & Kaanapali Zipline

We ate in Paia about 1pm and didn't head to Keanae until 2pm so only went as far as Keanae.

Everything was closed about 4pm, we stayed an hour and headed by to Kaanapali.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ke'anae Peninsula & Kaanapali Zipline

"You can get extremely close to the crashing waves and still be safe".

Famous last words for too many people !

Greenacres, WA
Level Contributor
704 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ke'anae Peninsula & Kaanapali Zipline

by "close" I'm not meaning so close you're actually IN the water. Heck, the parking lot is like about 10 to 15 feet from the lava rock and to me thats pretty close. But yes, we could climb on the lava rock and still not ever feel the waves, mabe some spray but nothing that would take us out.

I do no recommend standing right on the edge of the rock or any cliff but you can get close enough to feel the thunderous sound through your body as the waves hit. It's my favorite stop (when not a lot of tour busses are around).

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
353 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ke'anae Peninsula & Kaanapali Zipline

So Bud, how many people have actually perished from the parking lot down on the penninsula? As Swirtz said, the dang lot is 20f eet from the rocks.

You know the old saying - everyone likes a little *ss, no one likes a smart *ss.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
353 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ke'anae Peninsula & Kaanapali Zipline

So Bud, how many people have actually perished from the parking lot down on the penninsula? As Swirtz said, the dang lot is 20f eet from the rocks.

You know the old saying - everyone likes a little *ss, no one likes a smart *ss.

7. Re: Ke'anae Peninsula & Kaanapali Zipline

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 20:19