We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wah!! I'm Back! :(

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
5,326 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Wah!! I'm Back! :(

I am back in the land of reality....and not very happy about it. I think it is time to plan the next trip...Maybe in November. Ask me any questions you have, cause I am to bitter right now to write a review. For those of you who asked for a review of the Westin, I will post seperately.

Mentioned in this post
The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali
The Westin Maui Resort...
5,478 Reviews
Maui, HI
washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wah!! I'm Back! :(

fitz, i feel sooooo bad for you. i know how you feel. did you double up on the valium and they anti-depressents? at least you get to go home to sunny california instead of rainy, cold seattle. and you're young, free, you can go anytime you like! go back and schlep some tables for awhile. i would if i had it to do over again. no joke!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
5,326 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wah!! I'm Back! :(

Hula...I would if I didn'y have so much to pay for here. That pesky mortgage payment and the car payment just get in the way. I tell you though...I thought about getting a Mustang Convertible since coming back. Imagine how much cheaper it would be. I could probably cut the car payments in half or more, and I really loved driving it in Hawaii. I was sad to give it back to Hertz! Anyone going soon and want a convertible, get the '05 Mustang....It was GREAT!

Mentioned in this post
Hula Grill Kaanapali
Hula Grill Kaanapali
5,903 Reviews
Maui, HI
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wah!! I'm Back! :(

poor fitz! You're freaking me out because it will be me soon enough. Did you run past the people at the airport boarding area? Mustang huh? I saw a very nice covertable Lexus today, darn! darn! darn! I have to carpool kids to school so I can't have it ... sigh...

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
5,326 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wah!! I'm Back! :(

Lexus is nice...but would not lower payments. If I lower the payments, I can take extra trips to Maui!

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wah!! I'm Back! :(

I know, I need a new car and I hate to do it because I don't want to take anything away from my "Maui fund". We have been looking though, I have an SUV and gas is soooo expensive for it. I like it because it's paid for.

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
socal
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wah!! I'm Back! :(

yeah - maui can be expensive, ended up buying my wife a jeep after getting home one year....

Coquitlam, BC...
Level Contributor
277 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wah!! I'm Back! :(

Hi FitzLa - I asked this in another post hoping you might see it but here goes again. . . . did you do the zipline and if so, what was it like?

thanks

California
Level Contributor
907 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wah!! I'm Back! :(

You guys have it all wrong. My wife mows the lawn. My neighbors ask, "how do you get your wife to mow the lawn?'.

I respond, "I hold out until she does".

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
5,326 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wah!! I'm Back! :(

I did not end up doing the zip line. We didn't want to take to much time away from the pool so we choose 2 activities and they were the Lanai Snorkel Trip, and a sunset cocktail cruise. Sorry I could not be any help.

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wah!! I'm Back! :(

venture, what does mowing the lawn have to do with new cars? by the way, thanks for dumping the timeshare post, i had to battle it alone.