We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone ever hear of buying an Entertainment book?

Westminster, CA
Level Contributor
992 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone ever hear of buying an Entertainment book?

For hawaii restaurants to save money?

where to buy it? online?

thanks

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,777 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone ever hear of buying an Entertainment book?

Entertainment Books are a good value.

But, most of the Hawaii book coupons are for Oahu.

See my notes on Entertainment Book on these threads:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k647862…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28932-i36-k157779…

Westminster, CA
Level Contributor
992 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone ever hear of buying an Entertainment book?

o thanks i will check it out

Westminster, CA
Level Contributor
992 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone ever hear of buying an Entertainment book?

wasnt sure what zip code to enter

only could enter hawaii

didnt see anything for maui offered......

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone ever hear of buying an Entertainment book?

If you are looking for hotel offers, all the Entertainment Books offer hotels from across the states ... so your version for LA or OC would have hotels. My experience is that the restaurants they offer are chains -- Pizza Hut, etc. - and not the types of restaurants one visits on vacation ... usually ... off the beaten path in the suburbs ...

That being said, the books are rather cheap and you may be able to recoup your costs - just don't let the advertised bargains guide your vacation choices. My 2 cents.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone ever hear of buying an Entertainment book?

mmarymom91....if you post where U are staying you can get great responses from TA local "experts" who have lots of info to share on that locale.

You can also plan to collect stuff as you arrive in the islands. I was greatly surprised at the "deals" advertised at the auto rental facility at the Maui airport, for example.

Planning your Hawaiian vacation can be as much fun as the vacation itself....well...kinda!

Enjoy!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone ever hear of buying an Entertainment book?

Yes, you can purchase an entertainment book online specific for Hawaii. i checked out the "preview" of the book onine and noticed that most of the discounts that you will find in the Hawaii book are for the area around Oahu. You may be able to find the same discounts online through internet searches. It's hard to tell without previewing the whole book. They USED to have 1/2 price discounts for the helicopter tours on all the islands in the Entertainment books, but it appears to be a much smaller percent now, and not on all islands. Most of these discounts, along with snorkeling discounts at Molakini can also be found online.

If you have an entertainment book available in your home state, DO check out the availability of the hotel discounts. I checked all the internet sites for places to stay in Kaanapali, including Vacation Rentals by Owner. We ended up getting a 1 Bedroom condo at Resort Quest Kaanapali Shores for 1/2 price through the Entertainment rate. ($178) Book early, as they dicount VERY FEW of the at that rate.

hope that helps!

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,777 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone ever hear of buying an Entertainment book?

Lahaina Zip code 96761

It won't change the list of participants.

But the list will start in Lahaina & work outward.

Level Contributor
239 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone ever hear of buying an Entertainment book?

We have purchased the Entertainment book for Hawaii before. It is mostly coupons for Oahu, we used the snorkeling coupon for Boss Frog[s on Maui, not much else. it's not a good purchase if you are only visiting Maui.

Westminster, CA
Level Contributor
992 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone ever hear of buying an Entertainment book?

thanks everyone.

what does post on the TA and talk to local experts...

not sure what that means...

what is TA?

where to search on internet for coupons?

we just need coupon for tours and food now.

the rest is booked.

we are staying at kanapali shores too! resort quest.

i just did it thru triple a club, got 5th nite free.

not sure what the rate was....

we are going jan. 14 to 19th.

w/3 teenagers...

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone ever hear of buying an Entertainment book?

mmary -- TA is Trip Advsior and local experts (cough) are those of use who respond to you. Some respondents have a special designation ...

Anyway, you can go on-line and do a search for Entertainment Book and check out some of what they have for Hawaii...HOWEVER, I agree with the previous poster - there are bookletd galore with coupons for activities and restaurants and such at the airport. You can't miss them. There are shelves of booklets and individual pamphlets on all kinds of things in the luggage area. I usually stuff them in the front pocket of my suitcase. Good maps, too. And, the maps you get from your rental car company often have ads with discounts and such.