We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATA Airlines?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
ATA Airlines?

Anyone flown them to Maui?

With the itinerary I'm looking at, it will be a 6 hour flight from Las Vegas.

Any feedback appreciated.

La Verne, Ca.
Level Contributor
657 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATA Airlines?

Well Ive flown with them in 2005 and they were very good no complaints here.. I am booked with them again for next month. I hear now that you dont get meals on your flight and you have to buy the snacks/ drinks now, and you have to buy the earphones too so we'll see how it goes.. But the price is still good, so I dont mind.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
185 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATA Airlines?

I've flown ATA to Maui & Honolulu from Las Vegas. The nonstop flight to Maui leaves late in the afternoon, I don't like arriving at 7:30 at night in Maui so I leave in the morning and go thru Oakland then fly home nonstop. This way I arrive early afternoon in Maui. The airline is as generic as it gets no food only a drink & snack. You can't choose your seat until 24 hrs. prior to departure, but their fares are good. If you want a blanket or pillow you have to buy them. Business clas is nice if you can afford it. United is a better airline for little more money, but they don't fly nonstop from Vegas.

Michigan
Level Contributor
237 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATA Airlines?

In Detroit several years back the FAA grounded ATA for false maintenance records. As far as I know they have never had a fatal incident but it is some thing to consider. I would fly ATA.

California
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATA Airlines?

I've flown them from OAK and think they're as good as any other airline (personally don't like any of them, lol).

Non-alcoholic beverages were free but you had to purchase food and only snack boxes were offered. Movies were free with your own headphones or you could buy from them. I didn't ask about pillows or blankets, but it wouldn't surprise me if they charge for them. I always thought it was kind of gross using them after strangers anyway... No cash accepted, only credit cards to purchase anything on board.

denver
Level Contributor
11 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATA Airlines?

we are flying ata in march. i already have seats for the trip........for the trip there and return trip.

just call the toll free number and they will get you set up.

Missouri
Level Contributor
784 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: ATA Airlines?

Isn't ATA also Southwest??

You also have to pay for food on American flights, and I believe many more airlines now. That's why you see so many people get on with their own food that they bought in the airport! I would rather bring my own food anyway.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ATA Airlines?

the aircraft used are as I recall...older 737...which for a 6 hour flight are pretty small and like Southwests. 31" between rows

Aloha flys the same type

Check seat guru

All airlines are selling meals in coach....its something we all need to get used to...and every extra like baggage charges over 50 lbs.., ( hey when you go to a baseball game they dont give you a bowl of chili and a hamburger ?)

I commute a lot between the mainland....and still use United as the best seats and comfort on their planes ( economy plus) 36 inches....its worth getting off the plane still sane.

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: ATA Airlines?

I flew ATA from OAK to OGG in August 2007. Spent 10 days in Maui with family and had a great trip.

We bought our food at the airport and brought on board. You do get drinks. They do have snacks but can only pay by credit. Check their website, plenty of in-flight information available.

We booked our flight in Feb 2007 for the trip in August 2007 and we were able to choose our seats when we booked so I don't get the post about not being able to chose your seats until 24 hrs before flight.

Service was decent. We had no complaints - there were 7 in our party, 2 were children. No frills, got to see a few movies. And our headphones from Ipod and portable CD player worked in their seats so we didn't buy their headphones.

Texas
Level Contributor
815 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ATA Airlines?

We flew ATA last August to Maui; I purchased AUS-LAS-OGG flying AUS-Las Vegas on Southwest and ATA Las Vegas-Maui. Because I purchased through Southwest on the internet, no option came up to select seats and in fact said seats on ATA could be selected only 24 hours in advance (this was 5 mos. in advance); I called ATA and they gladly game me seat assignments over the phone for the Las Vegas-Maui flight and return.

Food was available for purchase, and blankets, pillows and head sets were also available for purchase (or you can bring your own on board). They departed and arrived on time both ways; no lost luggage, friendly flight attendants, all went well. The price was very favorable as well.

bennington Vermont
Level Contributor
169 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ATA Airlines?

We've flown ATA from LAX a few times and it's better than most others and usually the best priced. They have an excellant safety record and after all , Maui is waiting, so just get there and start enjoying Paradice !!! We will be there in eight days !!! Today , it is -5 degrees below ZERO !!!