We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife

Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Nightlife

I'm thinking of taking a trip to Maui to avoid the crowds of Oahu but I want to make sure that there is plenty of nightlife? It's been a long time since I was in Maui but I've heard that it's picked up a lot- confirm, deny? Any suggestions on where to go?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife

With the time difference you might not want to be out at night anyway. You might be so tired. I am no Maui expert but really I don't think of Maui as a night life kind of place and that is a part of what makes it special. Having said that people on this board claim there is some night life in Lahaina.

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife

TrueTraveller - where was the nightlife the last time you were in Maui?? The last time I was in Maui, the little nightlife there is, was in Lahaina.

Oh, and a correction to your original post. Oahu does not have crowds; Honolulu/Waikiki does.

Spokane, WA
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife

If you want night life, Maui is not the place. Sure there are some bars that stay open late, but my experience shows that most of Maui closes down by 11 pm.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife

We partied down at Moose McGillicuddy's in Lahaina and at Lulu's in Kehei.

Lots of fun. Can't recall when they closed, we usually were heading back to our lodging by 11.

5. Re: Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2008, 17:07
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nightlife

If "plenty of night-life" is a priority for you -- you should stay on Waikiki.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nightlife

Bud, I was just remembering our Tour of the stars at the Hyatt. We stayed at the Hyatt but they kept canceling the star gazing because of the weather. So we were staying at the Grand Wailea when we finally went. We had to drive all the way back on 30. I can't remember ever being so tired. We went to the 11 PM show got out at midnight and for us that is 5 AM.

I am a night person too. It depends on how long you are staying and your own body if you adjust to the time change. We thought we would be but later than we were but were too tired.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Nightlife

There is plenty going on at night, even after 11!

What is your idea of nightlife?

Where are you staying?

When was the last time you were here?

Marietta, Ga. USA
Level Contributor
516 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nightlife

Heck yeah, there's nightlife. Just ask kaiwahine about the Bingo parlor and the, not to missed, Peanuckle events. Ha! Totally just kidding...truce, kai.

Moose's is the place to be in Lahaina. I hear there are a couple of hot spots in Kihei but have never made it over that way at nightime. Have fun!!

10. Re: Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 03:19