We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NO Airline Ticket Refund!

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,800 posts
Save Topic
NO Airline Ticket Refund!

What should I do? I booked my ticket two weeks ago using the Continental Airlines website and paid $554 for a round ticket to Maui via Houston during early December. Now I knew the ticket was nonrefundable, but I thought it was a great price. You would agree right.

Well, heck as you would expect (as in one of Murphy's many laws), my plans have changed and due to my work constraints, there is NO way I can go then.

So I called Continental Airlines, explaining my dire situation. Talked to a very nice Ms. Jones (name changed of course). Not satisfied with the sad news she told me!!!

Well friends! I talked to her supervisor and got upset, so I talked to the major regional supervisor for the southern U.S. for Continental Airlines.

Here it is: I can change my ticket dates, but I will lose all my $554, except for $50 credit.

I AM DEVISTATED EVERYONE! Money doesn't grow on Speedo trees you know!

Now I have a good friend that works in upper Continetal management, so I'm going to talk to him (Robert) tomorrow! I've tried to reach him today (Tuesday) about 4 times and no success. Left messages!

MY QUESTION:

So if my Continental friend can't help me get most or all of my money back on this ticket, WHAT am I going to do. YES, I knew it was nonrefundable, but THIS IS JUST NOT FAIR ($50 credit my pink speedo!)

ANY IDEAS MY MOST HELPFUL MAUI TA FRIENDS! I am desperate! Thank you so much....beloved Caddy!

APRIL FOOL! :) ....couldn't resist!

(Caddy "ducking" so as not to be hit by a "Maui Revealed" guidebook!)

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,006 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NO Airline Ticket Refund!

Oh man, Caddy - you had me going there! I felt sooooo bad for you. You stinker!

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NO Airline Ticket Refund!

Caddy...I figured you were just trying to sucker one of us in to taking you with us in our suitcase to Maui.

Did I mention the great deal I got on Aloha for my trip later this month? The plane is just about empty to top it off!!!

LOL!!!

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,800 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: NO Airline Ticket Refund!

Mahjerle! LOL over here too! Try to have fun without ME! :)

Orange, CA
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NO Airline Ticket Refund!

LMAO! Very cute, Caddy!

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NO Airline Ticket Refund!

I am just going to enjoy stretching out and the peace and quiet of having the plane to myself, lol!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,802 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NO Airline Ticket Refund!

eeeeekkkk! I thought you were serious!

Lexington, South...
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: NO Airline Ticket Refund!

You had me going too. LOL, nice one.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2,707 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NO Airline Ticket Refund!

I thought perhaps your speedos were too tight (lol).

Even on a non-refundable ticket, they (airlines) will give you credit to use within a year...minus a "change of ticket" penalty.

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NO Airline Ticket Refund!

made it through nearly an entire April fool's without incident - who knew it would show up wearing a pink Speedo!!!

shoulda known

Orange, CA
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NO Airline Ticket Refund!

....Even on a non-refundable ticket, they (airlines) will give you credit to use within a year...minus a "change of ticket" penalty....

I think that's the joke, dear.