We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone hear of Bomdigity Travel before?

Greenacres, WA
Level Contributor
704 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone hear of Bomdigity Travel before?

I'm looking into options for my b/f and I to have a couple extra nights in Maui after the wedding and somewhere different then the Villas.

I was looking at ebay and came across this seller and found this website http://www.bomdigity.com/index.em?pid=631271

They are selling "certificates" for 3 and 6 nights stays at the Four Seasons for $650 and $1200.

The website listing states: This travel is not connected with any timeshare or tour presentation of any kind.

the listing closed but you can still by the certificates via the website. . .just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this deal. . here is the ebay link as well

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll…

Thanks,

Heather

Orange, CA
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: Anyone hear of Bomdigity Travel before?

I hope it does all work and I hope you do come back and let us know. I have to say I will be astonished if everything works out though.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,524 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: Anyone hear of Bomdigity Travel before?

I never did and I sent them a follow up email about it.

I am going to guess they think I am nuts or worse.

Best bet, someone seriously thinking of doing this is to actually CALL the 4S and ask directly. Since I don't plan on using the too good to be true offer I will pass on a call.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
178 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: Anyone hear of Bomdigity Travel before?

Thanks Brightonbill.

Maybe 4S is filing your emails in their folder labeled "crazy/ridiculous inquiries about discounted rates through third parties."

On the other hand, maybe your email will bring to light for 4S some potential serious situations of persons arriving at their front desk saying....well I bought this certificate from Bomdigity travel and it says I can stay here for three nights for $650, so can I please have my room now....."

los angeles
Level Contributor
1,858 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: Anyone hear of Bomdigity Travel before?

hey whatever happened w/ this? Anyone ever get any info if these travel certificates for FS are valid?

I know i've looked into any discounts for FS or rewards they have nothing..

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: Anyone hear of Bomdigity Travel before?

It smells real fishy to me. The question I have is who sells the package in the first place to Bomdigity?

If you are getting $450 a night at the Four Seasons Maui (slowest night available) with plenty of interest, who is the firm selling it for less than $150 a night.

How can they be making money?

How can the Four Seasons Maui not know about this is another simple question.

Someone earlier mentioned that if a person does not receive a confirm directly from the hotel, then the hotel has no idea of your stay.

Final Judgment:

Too good to be true.

San Francisco Bay...
1 post
Save Reply
66. Re: Anyone hear of Bomdigity Travel before?

Well I just bought 8 nights at the Marriott Marquis in New York City for $1100 ($400 of it is "refundable"). I plan to go on spring break. I don't know if Bomdigity Travel is legit or not, but I paid through my Paypal account and used a credit card. I will let you know if the "certificates" work out. I should know before my trip whether I am confirmed at the hotel or not. I figured that I would take the risk and see.

New Albany, Ohio
Level Contributor
182 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
67. Re: Anyone hear of Bomdigity Travel before?

I'm interested in this too.. We're going the first of Sept. I'll call the 4S tomorrow and find out if this is legit.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,515 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
68. Re: Anyone hear of Bomdigity Travel before?

The NYC Marriott Marquis would be cheap at $250/night.

GirlinSF, I respectfully suggest that you make backup lodging plans. Arriving in NYC and having no place to stay would be the pits.

New Albany, Ohio
Level Contributor
182 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
69. Re: Anyone hear of Bomdigity Travel before?

Just got off the phone with the 4S and they were not aware of any certificates of this nature. They did, however, say it could be legit but be wary. They're cheapest rate with a garden view was around 500 a night (5th night free).

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,524 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
70. Re: Anyone hear of Bomdigity Travel before?

Interesting loivsj.

According to what they told Swirlz5 the process is:

1) You buy the certificate, I check the availability for these dates, If these dates are available.

I have them guaranteed with your refundable deposit.

2) I send you a confirmation (not from the hotel but from the travel center, on your dates being blocked & guaranteed)and travel policies via email.

3) then I send your copies of your certificate(s) & letter.

4) then you just wait for your travel packet from the travel center which comes with your arrival information & a nice formal brochure from the hotel & instrunctions on how to get your refundable booking deposit mailed to you once you've completed your stay. It takes around two weeks to receive your deposit.

First question is, what is the "travel center" and second, how do they redeem the certificates if the 4S is unaware they even exist?

I still say it sounds fishy and won't believe it is true until someone reports back that they bought the certificates and actually used them sucessfully.