We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone hear of Bomdigity Travel before?

Greenacres, WA
Level Contributor
704 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone hear of Bomdigity Travel before?

I'm looking into options for my b/f and I to have a couple extra nights in Maui after the wedding and somewhere different then the Villas.

I was looking at ebay and came across this seller and found this website http://www.bomdigity.com/index.em?pid=631271

They are selling "certificates" for 3 and 6 nights stays at the Four Seasons for $650 and $1200.

The website listing states: This travel is not connected with any timeshare or tour presentation of any kind.

the listing closed but you can still by the certificates via the website. . .just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this deal. . here is the ebay link as well

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll…

Thanks,

Heather

Trilogy Excursions
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Eco Tours
Redline Rafting Co.
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Water Sports, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Scuba & Snorkeling
Valley Isle Excursions
Sightseeing Tours, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Blue Water Maui
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching
Oregon
Level Contributor
4,367 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
71. Re: Anyone hear of Bomdigity Travel before?

Anybody, Anybody, Bueller?

I love this topic. Seems to bring out the people with one post. I'll bet that the folks who buy into this bogus travel stuff are the same people who sell the "travel certificates". Gee, I don't know if its real but here's my credit card number anyway. Boy, I just hope its the real deal when I travel next year. How dumb does that sound?

Marietta, Ga. USA
Level Contributor
516 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: Anyone hear of Bomdigity Travel before?

I agree, Julauf. There's a sucker born every minute. Why would you even risk walking up the front desk at The Four Seasons and them saying, "I'm sorry sir. We have no record of any reservation or payment made. Furthermore, I've never seen one of those vouchers you're holding which you paid $8000 for. But you're in luck because we have rooms. Our "walk up rate" is $800/night". Would you like to book the room? Oh, and welcome to Maui!"

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,668 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
73. Re: Anyone hear of Bomdigity Travel before?

Julauf said :

"Gee, I don't know if its real but here's my credit card number anyway."

Actually Julauf that was the first of many red flags I noticed. They don't accept credit cards!!! Probably because if they did you could dispute the charges if and when the services never happen.

New Albany, Ohio
Level Contributor
182 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
74. Re: Anyone hear of Bomdigity Travel before?

The ebay auction accepts paypal....

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
39,074 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
75. Re: Anyone hear of Bomdigity Travel before?

>>>The ebay auction accepts paypal....

but ... didn't ebay create Paypal to handle its auctions? So does that mean anything?

I would just go back and read all of amberloo's posts.

In Hawai'i, sometimes they can't find your name even when you reserved direct. It is sooo much fun when that happens. Imagine when you tell them you booked with a third party they never heard of and can't find it.

Please understand, it's not going to be a case of:

"oh, we're sorry we can't locate that. Please, let us show you to your room while we research that."

No. It is more like, if we can't find it and you can't prove we accepted it, you are guaranteed as much as anyone else who walked in the door without a booking (as was already mentioned). That is, nothing. But feel free to buy our exorbitantly priced drinks while we confirm that you don't have a booking with us ...

Newport Beach, CA
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
76. Re: Anyone hear of Bomdigity Travel before?

BEWARE this is totally bogus company - I checked and Four Seasons does not participate with them or anyone else selling "discount" stays online on Ebay or anywhere...you get what you pay for and a reputable company like Four Seasons wouldn't get involved in these types of schemes.

LA
3 posts
Save Reply
77. Re: Anyone hear of Bomdigity Travel before?

I am the Director of Marketing at Four Seasons Maui and I can tell you unequivocally that these certificates are not valid. When we became aware of the alleged certificates we quickly contacted Bomdigity and asked if we could have a sample of the certificate for validation purposes, which they have steadfastly refused to provide. After many requests we have finally concluded that the certificates do not exist and have advised Bomdigity that we will NOT honor them, if they do indeed exist at all. We have also notfied E-Bay security of this issue and they are investigating.

Nor-Cal
Level Contributor
2,344 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
78. Re: Anyone hear of Bomdigity Travel before?

Thanks for the Management response-If it sounds too good to be true....

Marietta, Ga. USA
Level Contributor
516 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
79. Re: Anyone hear of Bomdigity Travel before?

msimonla - Thank you for clearing this up. Seemed pretty obvious to me and several others on this board but I am now glad that the people who were actually going to fall for this now know the truth.

New Albany, Ohio
Level Contributor
182 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
80. Re: Anyone hear of Bomdigity Travel before?

Ebay must not care.. They are back up on auction