We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LAX to OGG airfare

Ohio
Level Contributor
429 posts
Save Topic
LAX to OGG airfare

Just got an email alert Delta has flights $430 RT from LAX to OGG. Looks like lots of dates.

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,044 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LAX to OGG airfare

430.00 for a round trip in this day and age of rising airfares is a great price

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LAX to OGG airfare

Just checked Kayak (7/23-7/30); for non-stop, next lowest is United @ $970, American= $1,161 & US Air $1,262.

Wonder if the competition will drop their price or just concede a portion of the market to Delta?

Great call LeslieG!

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LAX to OGG airfare

I saw your post and immediately thought "That can't be right - must be one way." So I went to the Delta site and poked in some dates in mid August and did indeed come up with a $424RT price - including taxes/fees, from LAX to OGG. Downside is that is is an 11+ hour flight with a stop in Seattle of all places. But hey, that's still half the going rate most everyone else is quoting to Maui from the west coast. So if you're willing to double your travel time to save 50% on your transportation cost, it's a great deal. I suspect those seats will sell out fast.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LAX to OGG airfare

Buy the tickets as fast as possible...if they are still available after 24 hours I will be amazed.

I would not expect any one to match this fare..it is sucide for an airline to sell seats for less than it costs... ask Aloha and ATA.

The others will sit by and watch Delta go down the tubes...

Ohio
Level Contributor
429 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: LAX to OGG airfare

I'm pretty sure the dates I was looking at were for nonstop flights, although it was like 4:30 in the afternoon outbound and returning on a redeye.

Simi Valley...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: LAX to OGG airfare

Booked LAX to OGG with short layover in Salt Lake City going out and red eye, non stop returning, in February, for 414.40, including 1 bag, no charge! Thank you Leslie!!!

Ohio
Level Contributor
429 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: LAX to OGG airfare

Ventura, I'm so glad you were able to get the great fare!

Simi Valley...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: LAX to OGG airfare

Thanks to you Leslie!!!

Kind regards to you.

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: LAX to OGG airfare

I tried but the lowest I could get in the first half of august was $881 (still the lowest that I have seen over the last few months) The special fare must have sold quickly! Thanks for the heads up Leslie. I will keep on checking!

Marietta, Ga. USA
Level Contributor
516 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: LAX to OGG airfare

Delta will not be going down the tubes. Doubt mgmt would be pricing flights below cost without making it up somewhere else (meaning other legs) considering they're just out of bankruptcy. That is a great deal. Thanks, Leslie.