We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone have a Maui Revealed Book...

MASSACHUSETTS
Level Contributor
194 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone have a Maui Revealed Book...

Does anyone have an "Maui Revealed" book they used for their trip to Hawaii and no longer need? I'd love to get a used copy...I'll pay for shipping.

Victoria
Level Contributor
448 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone have a Maui Revealed Book...

You can buy a used one on Amazon.com for a penny plus $3.99 shipping.

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone have a Maui Revealed Book...

I don't think that there are many people around here that would confess to having one of those, lol!

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,665 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone have a Maui Revealed Book...

2002 edition:

…ebay.com/Maui-Revealed_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ2310…

2005 edition:

…ebay.com/Maui-Revealed_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ4646…

2007 edition (newest):

…ebay.com/Maui-Revealed_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ6307…

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,677 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone have a Maui Revealed Book...

Then and now: those hidden gems no more

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29220-i86-k171265…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29220-i86-k204567…

NH
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone have a Maui Revealed Book...

Isn't "Maui Revealed" confiscated, shredded and burned at the airport!

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,981 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone have a Maui Revealed Book...

I bet many people wish they could shred copies coming to Hawaii. The one thing I've noticed though here and on the islands is the different feelings about the books. Maui and Hawaii seem to despise the books and we didn't see them on the book racks. On Kauai we saw them quite a bit.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,677 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone have a Maui Revealed Book...

Dude lives on Kauai. Maybe he was more in tune with the community and sensibilities there.

Problem on Maui and Island of Hawaii is that some really nice places are really easy to despoil as visitation soars. Great thing about Two Step for example, is the water is too deep for anybody to stand on anything, no matter how much they want to. By contrast, Maui has places where you hike to and/or go in from shore and it is shallow and "anybody can do it, fins or no"--uh-oh! That's what happened to Kahaluu.

Also, Island of Hawaii has calm waters year round in places that are dolphin resting areas and where do-it-yourself kayaking and beaching in a marine preserve is now thought by some to be as must-do. I think Kauai is a bit more challenging and that keeps things safer for the land/sea/creatures.

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
140 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone have a Maui Revealed Book...

Be careful and nice to this person. I think that this person knows the response he/she is going to get. Did this same exact post on the Big Island board and the whole thread got deleted.

If you want the book, buy the book. Don't come on the internet and ask for it. If you can go to Hawaii, clearly you can afford the few dollars to buy the book. JMO.

MASSACHUSETTS
Level Contributor
194 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone have a Maui Revealed Book...

I did not mean to offend anyone by my posting. I liked the maps in the books and thought they would be useful to have during the trip. I know that I could buy a brand new copy of the book; however, I would rather "recycle" a used copy.

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,042 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone have a Maui Revealed Book...

If you want to recycle go on Amazon or E-bay