We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kapalua zipline question

tacoma
Level Contributor
42 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Kapalua zipline question

Their website says that they have a weight maximum of 250lbs. My fiancee is in the process of loosing weight for our wedding/honeymoon and is worried that he may be 5 pounds over their max. He does hold his weight well and most people cant guess his true weight. Do you know if they actually weigh people?

Thanks

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,044 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kapalua zipline question

yes they will weigh you if they are in doubt and they will not give you a 5 lb leeway

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,030 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kapalua zipline question

lougee is correct.

A ciouple of years ago we went on the Haleakala zip. DH had dropped a few pounds and thought he was OK. However, a week of enjoying island food and fully clothed with shoes on, he was over the limit.

We did get credit for one none zipper. But can't remember if it was DH or our young nephew who woke with a migraine and couldn't zip. So only two wnet, our older nephew and myself paid for three.

Call or email to what their policy is for refund in case he doesn't make the limit.

Also I'm trying to remember if that limit is with or without the harness and helment.

tacoma
Level Contributor
42 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kapalua zipline question

I will have to call them and check on the weight with the harness. -- Thanks

New Jersey
Level Contributor
208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Kapalua zipline question

I am in the same situation....I currently weigh about 250 or 255 with shoes and cloths, so rather then go crazy worrying about a pound here and there, I chose Skyline Eco-Adventures for my Zipline because they have a limit of "260" pounds. I figured better safe then sorry, plus I have a 5 pound cushion between now and September !!

They have 2 courses....Haleakala Skyline Tour and Kaanapali Skyline Adventure, so that may fit into your schedule.

Here is their site and Good Luck !!

http://www.skylinehawaii.com/default.htm

Marietta, Ga. USA
Level Contributor
516 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kapalua zipline question

If he's over the limit I don't think you'd want to try to "fake them out". Those limits are there for a reason. It's not worth freefalling to your death...

tacoma
Level Contributor
42 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kapalua zipline question

Its not about faking them out. Its more along the lines of we dont want to loose our money if for some reason he cant hit that weight. I wasnt sure if they have a leeway of a pound or two.

Marietta, Ga. USA
Level Contributor
516 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kapalua zipline question

If I were over the limit I wouldn't go even if they'd let me...not worth it.

Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kapalua zipline question

They weigh you in whatever clothes you come in. Then they give you a windbreaker, harness and helmet. We just did this zip a few weeks ago. They don't call out your weight, but they definitely weigh you themselves.

tacoma
Level Contributor
42 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kapalua zipline question

Thanks for all the input... we canceled Kapalua and were able to grab a spot on the Kaanapali Skyline Adventure within the same week!

phoenix
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Kapalua zipline question

We did the Kapalua Zips and were told that the weight could be up to 500lbs--just call whichever company you use and verify.