We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who has flown Alex Air? Would you recommend?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Who has flown Alex Air? Would you recommend?

They are less than half of Blue Hawaiian, and I really don't want to spend 700.00 total on an activity.

Suggestions appreciated!

Marietta, Ga. USA
Level Contributor
516 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who has flown Alex Air? Would you recommend?

No, Maui Kitty. I have not. Have you checked out Air Maui? I've flown with them many times. Hana/Haleakala, West Maui/Molokai, Full Island tour, etc. We have found them to be great. Very personable, experienced pilots. You might give them a try.

Kansas
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Who has flown Alex Air? Would you recommend?

You get what you pay for IMO.

Do a search for Alex Air - there are some older threads.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
105 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who has flown Alex Air? Would you recommend?

To be honest I wasn't that impressed with Blue Hawaiian - more because the commentary provided by the pilot was boring and repetitive and I knew more about what we were looking at than he did.

Our Alex Air pilot was much better.

dallas, tx
Level Contributor
47 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who has flown Alex Air? Would you recommend?

I've only flown with Alex Air - but they were wonderful. Called to reschedule my original flight due to major cloudiness - next day when we took the tour the pilot was very knowledgeable and friendly. We did the doors off flight - while I was nervous at first it was GREAT! Highly recommend. I too was hesitant due to some of the reviews on here, but couldn't pass up the price difference. I can't believe the others could be that much better because ours was perfect!

beverly hills
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Who has flown Alex Air? Would you recommend?

Good evening,

We actually just flew Alex Air today - and they were great. Our pilot Jeanette (spelling?) was FANTASTIC. She really knew her stuff, was super friendly, and made it fun.

We were supposed to fly into Haleakala / Hana but it was too cloudy to get a good view, so they switched us to a view of Northwestern Maui and Molokai and that was quite good too.

So for us, we would give Alex Air the thumbs up.

Hope this helps!

Iron Chefs 2008

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who has flown Alex Air? Would you recommend?

Thanks everyone! Keep the reviews coming!

Alabama
Level Contributor
125 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Who has flown Alex Air? Would you recommend?

We flew AlexAir Wednesday and they were great. Our pilot was Janette too!! She was sweet and very informative. I loved it and the views were great. We did west Maui mountains. I wish we would have booked another one!!!!!

Tip...Wear dark clothes...We were advised and did so but the guy in front of me didn't and my pictures reflected off his shirt.

8. Re: Who has flown Alex Air? Would you recommend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 22:17