We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui Activities

miami, Florida
Level Contributor
151 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Maui Activities

Hello I would like to know if anyone knows of good activities to do in maui...im going in april and would like to know about where to find good deals in helicopter tous?...which one is a good tour.....where to go snorkeling and other activities you would like to share with me would be fantastic!

thankyou so mcuh

mckinney,tx
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui Activities

Buy the book Maui revealed and stick to it. I learned my lesson quickly when I didn't.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
589 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui Activities

Can't help you with helicopter tours, but taking the Trillogy to Molokini is a great trip, as is a bike ride down Haleakala. If you drive the road to Hana, stop at Waianapapa State Park for a picnic.

The Maui Revelad book is fantastic, lots of pratical information.

Have fun!

Michigan
Level Contributor
64 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui Activities

I have been to Hawaii 7 times and have done many of the activities so I was looking for something new. We went to Lani on the Trillogy to snorkel for the day. It is walk in snorkeling which is good for all ages. The sailboat was a 10:00 AM departure with a sunset return trip. Great food, great staff, saw whales in Dec along with very large pod of spinner dolphin, flying fish, and had a nice beach and reef to snorkel. We give Trillogy A+. You can go online to make an advance reservation, which we did.

Twice in the past I have done the sunrise bike tour from Halleakala to the ocean. Go with an outfit that can still enter the park and don't be afraid of the fact that people have had accidents. It't very cool and safe..just pay attention.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
46,407 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui Activities

Hmmm......Maui Revealed comes up once in awhile. Just to let you know, it is reviled by the locals who live on Maui. You can use the search bar above to see the many, many posts about why using this book is NOT a good idea. You will get better advise from the posters here on TA than you will get from that book.

Good snorkel spots abound on Maui. Your experience will be determined by what time of year you are coming and what your expectations are. Let us know where you are staying and how experienced a snorkeler you are and then we can get specific as to where you should go!!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
46,407 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui Activities

oops...got me, didn't see that this post is YEARS OLD!! My post still applies though!!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
522 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maui Activities

I think Maui Revealed is terrific - they actually give you real criticisms and real reviews - not just a list of places all of which are apparently "great". They have quite a high risk tolerance that our family doesn't share, so I don't do stuff they recommend that sounds iffy safety wise. But I have all the books (as I had for Big Island) and really Maui Revealed is the best one. Most complaints seem to be from locals who don't like tourists finding out about stuff only locals used to get to do.

7. Re: Maui Activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 03:19