We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! Enough time to get to Kauai ?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
221 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
HELP! Enough time to get to Kauai ?

I've booked a flight on Hawaiian Airlines from Kahuliu Maui to Lihue kauai. My flight leaves Kahului at 8:40 and lands in Honolulu at 9:14. The flight to Lihue leaves at 9:49. Is this crazy? Will I be able to make this flight or should I reschedule. I've read the airports (flights) are kind of unorganized with people trying to get their luggage on board, etc. Any advice. We leave for Hawaii on July 20th but our flight from Kahulio to Lihue is on July 29th.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,985 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP! Enough time to get to Kauai ?

I think you'll be fine. Your next flight should be in the same area of the airport, there is no security issues and they'll take care of your luggage.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP! Enough time to get to Kauai ?

All the Maui/Kauai flight with small exception land in HNL. You'll be fine. The gates are close.

Sylvania, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,826 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP! Enough time to get to Kauai ?

If you by chance miss that flight, when is the next one? They are pretty good at getting you on the next flight if necessary.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
221 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP! Enough time to get to Kauai ?

Thanks so much. I was feeling really anxious about missing the flight. Less than two weeks before we leave - i can't wait.

Marietta, Ga. USA
Level Contributor
516 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP! Enough time to get to Kauai ?

When I took that flight on Aloha 2 years ago, we didn't even deplane in HNL. Are you sure you will have to change planes?

6. Re: HELP! Enough time to get to Kauai ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 22:20