We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Aloha airlines slowdown

Level Contributor
2,344 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
The Aloha airlines slowdown

Hi all

I've noticed it's a bit slow in Maui right now.

I was able to book Triology the day before last week as this was a tough ticket last year.I was in IO also last week -great food but only 3 tables with people at them.Even traffic is lighter.....

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
5,107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: The Aloha airlines slowdown

My sister is leaving for Maui on Friday, and she got ocean view at the Sheraton Maui for $250.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,682 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: The Aloha airlines slowdown

"Very few seats have sold since the price doubled a few months back."

Bill's reply...

"I would be willing to bet the price of seats didn't double, more like all the cheap seats sold out and there is a difference. "

Last September cost was just over $700 from my area with two weeks out and less than 10 seats left. (we watching..thought someone was going to get to go with us). Tix then jumped to 900 for the last two weeks.

This year in March cost for the Sept flight was 626.00 for a few weeks after the airline failures. Over 1/3 of seats were vacant. April they went up to 1200. Still 1/3 of the seats were vacant and still are vacant..

That doesn't fit the MO of "cheap " seat gone.

13. Re: The Aloha airlines slowdown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 11:25
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question