We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do You Hate the OGG Airport Escalator RIde Up?

california
Level Contributor
343 posts
Save Topic
Do You Hate the OGG Airport Escalator RIde Up?

Don't you just hate it when you are leaving Maui and you are going up the escalator after the security check sad, and the people coming down are just smiling and laughing like crazy. It really makes me sick and depressed. SEVERE MAUI BLUES. Any suggestions to make the trip home more enjoyable? MAHALO

Chicago
Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Do You Hate the OGG Airport Escalator RIde Up?

I know the feeling well and have a much longer trip home than you do. We usually take a late flight and try to sleep as much as possible on the way home. That said; start planning your next trip back on the way home too! It helps! :-)

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,128 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do You Hate the OGG Airport Escalator RIde Up?

Hey, you are only going to California on the plane. Think of those of us looking forward to at least 10 hours on a plane. But there is always the next trip.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,645 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do You Hate the OGG Airport Escalator RIde Up?

You could always try walking really fast backwards up the down escalator and pretend you are actually arriving not leaving.

california
Level Contributor
343 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Do You Hate the OGG Airport Escalator RIde Up?

Brighton Bill, that is so true. I think I will take your advice and do that. (LOL). I will even try to have my DH Lei Me.

Nor-Cal
Level Contributor
2,344 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do You Hate the OGG Airport Escalator RIde Up?

my daughter did just that on the ramp after you get through AG-man it was tough leaving Maui after 10 sweet days

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do You Hate the OGG Airport Escalator RIde Up?

Leaving Kauai for Maui tomorrow. I can't wait. Its raining off and on today. We have had excellent weather until today.

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do You Hate the OGG Airport Escalator RIde Up?

We're flying back to Waikiki from Maui for last 2 nights to "ease" into leaving! Back in the 80's, when we would leave Hawaii, we would be super depressed for weeks! Last year and this year are the first we've been back in 20 years. We do get over it quicker these days....a sign of old age???

Summer

rhode island
Level Contributor
811 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do You Hate the OGG Airport Escalator RIde Up?

Only way to ease you pain, mauilover, is to start planning your next trip while on the escalator!

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
94 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do You Hate the OGG Airport Escalator RIde Up?

Besides the obvious wisdom in the last post, I would suggest scheduling your trip for the length of time required to satisfy your thirst completely and keep yourself from walking into the airport feeling cheated. I always recommend 14 days minimum.

Molokai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do You Hate the OGG Airport Escalator RIde Up?

we actually look forward to going home from maui.