We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Da Kitchen

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Da Kitchen

A question for the connoisseur of gourmet dining (just joking :-)

I've read that this eatery is a favorite of the locals and quite inexpensive. However, there appears to be one in both Kahului and Kihei. Are they under the same ownership? Since I am stayin in Kihei, I would prefer to that one....however. do not mind the extra drive if the Kahului location is the better of the two.

Thanks much for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Kahului
Kahului
Maui, HI
Kihei
Kihei
Maui, HI
South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,751 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Da Kitchen

GREAT place to eat!! I was wondering about the 2 locations myself.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Da Kitchen

I beleive the one in Kahului is the original, but I've eaten at both, and the menu appears the same. We usually have 2-3 meals there each trip. Their portions are HUGE, so we often get two meals, or close to it, from each order.

Mentioned in this post
Kahului
Kahului
Maui, HI
Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Da Kitchen

I have to echo what Dengay said - we probably should just gnosh on one order, but get one each and then have another meal out of it!

There is no 'atmosphere' here, it's hungry folks looking for good food - lots of regular working class folk - the food is absolutely Excellent! The prices are almost stupid - it is our favorite eatery in Kihei (haven't tried Kahului, but yes I hear it is the same ownership)

Their Kahlua Pork is simply AMAZING!

Mentioned in this post
Kihei
Kihei
Maui, HI
Kahului
Kahului
Maui, HI
Duluth MN
Level Contributor
297 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Da Kitchen

As others have stated, the food is excellent quality, portions are huge, prices are great. We finally got there on our last trip to Maui and ended up going there twice.

Mmmmm.....Loco Moco. They should have supplied a cardio cart and paddles with that particular menu item. :)

For us, it ranks up there with Hawaiian Style Cafe in Waimea, Big Island and Cafe 565 in Lanai City in the bargain pig-out category.

I'm hungry!

Lee

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Hawaiian Style Cafe
Hawaiian Style Cafe
1,082 Reviews
Island of Hawaii, HI
Waimea
Waimea
Island of Hawaii, HI
Lanai
Lanai
Hawaii
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Da Kitchen

We ate at both and liked them both. But the employees of the Sheraton say the one in Kihei changed ownership in the last year and they don't like the one in Kihei any more.

Our last trip we only ate at the one in Kahului based on their suggestions. But others on this boards say they do not see a difference in the past year.

Mentioned in this post
Kihei
Kihei
Maui, HI
Kahului
Kahului
Maui, HI
Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Da Kitchen

Could be NYF, but last October we visited both and could tell no difference. DW even ordered the same thing at both outlets (Katsu Chicken).

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Da Kitchen

Thanks everyone. It's good to know that both are good options. Can't wait:)

8. Re: Da Kitchen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 23:17