We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt vs Sheraton vs Westin

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hyatt vs Sheraton vs Westin

I booked the Westin in Maui but now I'm reconsidering since most of what I read here isn't pro Westin all that much.

I see a lot of ppl recommend the Sheraton but I'm not crazy about the pics I've seen. Am I wrong?

Also, what makes one better than the other - in your opinions.

Thanks!!!

Wonderland
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt vs Sheraton vs Westin

We are booked for our 2nd visit at the Hyatt. We absolutely enjoyed our first visit earlier this year. The room and view was very nice and the beds were so comfortable (had the best sleep) In the Napili Tower. The grounds are lush & beautiful with a great pool. We also walked on the beach path to Whalers Village to shop, eat, happy hour etc. or walk over to Black Rock to swim and snorkel (8 minute walk from the Hyatt).

Their breakfast buffet was heavenly.... They still have their "Sunshine on Sale" with free breakfast, free nights and room upgrade. We walked through all the hotels and we were so glad to be at the Hyatt. Hotel Staff, cleaning folks and valet were very friendly, helpful and accommodating...

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt vs Sheraton vs Westin

We loved out stay at the Westin in Aug.

We had a lovely (nice size)oceanfront room in the Beach Tower. The view was "to-die-for". My husband

said the view and the room made his vacation.

The location, pools, spa and activities were also great.

Enjoy your trip in March!

white rock bc
Level Contributor
532 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt vs Sheraton vs Westin

8 Min walk from Hyatt to Black Rock? It takes longer then that just to get to Whalers Village.

NYC
Level Contributor
123 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt vs Sheraton vs Westin

WonderKat, thanks so much for mentioning the Sunshine on Sale promotion .. I just re-booked my reservation at a much better rate and saved myself a nice amount of money!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyatt vs Sheraton vs Westin

Thanks guys.

Any more opinions?

Iowa City
Level Contributor
887 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hyatt vs Sheraton vs Westin

We absolutely love the Westin-we have been there over seven times-the latest one,last Feby. Wealways askfor an upgrade to the Beach Tower-the view is better, but stayed at the Ocean Tower,the first time-it was fine.Are you a member of Starwood Preferred Guest Program-if not, become one-it is free.

Washington
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hyatt vs Sheraton vs Westin

IMO, the Sheraton is the best! Don't short change it. It is is the besst location and has a very relaxing pool scene and oceanfront pool bar with snorkeling right off the beach. What is it that you don't like about the pix you have seen of the Sheraton? The Sheraton IMO is quieter and more relaxing than the Westin & Hyatt with their crowded pools. The Hyatt beach is not so good, so the pool will be important.

mnr
Kansas City, MO.
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hyatt vs Sheraton vs Westin

The Sheraton pool was less crowded than the Westin pool when we walked by. The Hyatt pool was the most crowded that day! The walk time for us was 10 to 15 minutes.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hyatt vs Sheraton vs Westin

Thanks everyone.

The beach isn't that important to us, we're more pool people and it looks like the Westin has the best pool. I don't know. So confused :(

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,978 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hyatt vs Sheraton vs Westin

I just returned from the Westin and wish I had chosen the Sheraton. My Beach Tower room was large, but it overlooked the Whalers Village which was noisy in the morning. I wasn't overly impressed by the pool at the Westin and that was the reason I chose it in the first place.

I walked down to the Sheraton on my morning walk one day and I liked their grounds and layout better and the pool was fine. I would probably try to stay in the Black Rock wing of the Sheraton.