We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1/2 wetsuit rental

San Luis Obispo...
Level Contributor
221 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
1/2 wetsuit rental

We'll be staying in Waliea and I was wondering about a place where I can rent a top half wet suit? I'm a chicken in water that's less than 85.

Thanks -

Patuli

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1/2 wetsuit rental

the rate will be the same for a top or the whole suit. And moost local snorklers wear a 1/8" wet suit shorty top or t'shirt style alll year. By the way you are not alone.... the US Navy requires its divers to wear a full wet suit in any water under 86... Hawaiian waters are about 80-81

Suggestion;.....LA has way better selection.

Suggest "Pinnacles" wet suits.... I have a 1/8" T-shirt from them. about $50 to $90..( what you will pay for renting a suit for a week) Surf Shops are a good source.

You dont want the rashguard stuff which is pretty worthless stuff.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,348 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1/2 wetsuit rental

Maui Dreams dive shop in Kihei is one of the best on Maui. They are in the Island Surf building on South Kihei Rd. There is also a Maui Divers shop in the Shops at Wailea. Maui Dreams is better!!

San Luis Obispo...
Level Contributor
221 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1/2 wetsuit rental

Thank you! I will check out pinnacles, probably is better to get it here in LA.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1/2 wetsuit rental

try "play it again sports"..... Garage sales...Salvation Army... too

I love my mini- pinnacles takes less room than a shirt....you will love it

5. Re: 1/2 wetsuit rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 04:17