We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caddy's TR 9/13 to 9/23 on Maui

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,819 posts
Save Topic
Caddy's TR 9/13 to 9/23 on Maui

My Maui TR...won't be exciting as Bips stuff...

9/13....landed afternoon in HNL, then caught Hawaiian flight 1.5 later to OGG. Sunset was happening as I went to Walmart and Costco. Checked in the Grand Wailea. They upgraded me to "penthouse". The cute girl receptionist could stop staring at my "pink speedo". Please girl! I have my pride.

9/14...through 9/23....

I got my GW wristbands, went to the pool every day in the morning. In the afternoon, I tossed them in the trash can, so those less fortunate could dig them out.

General Maui 10 Day Report...

I just relaxed on the beach. Went to snorkel...went to the Dumps...went to Hana...the road was closed and I had to turn around...they wouldn't even let me through when I told them I'm famous. No respect! I ate at some great places, of which Stella Blues was not one (that's for you In2food!), took Sunday brunch at Maui Prince. I basically lived a life of champagne dreams and do worries in Maui....

--------------------

REALITY CHECK FRIENDS:

Caddy is 100% fine. Hurricane Ike knocked off my power for 11 days and Internet until today. It torn down my fence and I fixed it up somewhat. It rained 15 inches and I don't care.

There are many more people especially on the coast that suffered total loss at this basturd Ike storm. I am lucky to have my health, life, and friends...here on TA and elsewhere.

A big Mahalo for all thoses that cared. This kind of crap depletes money, energy, and spirit.

But we are ALL going to be just fine here on the GULF COAST of Texas, and I appreciate the sincere and honest concern that you've shown to me.

Oh, BTW, I can't decide if I want fancy waterslides or a palace look; ie, Grand Wailea vs. Fairmont Kea Lanai? Can someone tell me which rooms are bigger? And what picture is on the wall opposite the bedroom in GW 293? I need to know! :)

Caddy is all good now! Mahalo.

Orange, CA
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caddy's TR 9/13 to 9/23 on Maui

Caddy - I'm so glad you have kept your sense of humor through this. It wouldn't be that easy for me!

Glad you have electricity and internet back and maybe life can get back to normal.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,013 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caddy's TR 9/13 to 9/23 on Maui

Caddy......normal????????????

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,511 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caddy's TR 9/13 to 9/23 on Maui

Well... normal for Caddy, anyway.

Caddy, did you see me waving to you?

Next time you're coming to Kaua`i, right?

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,819 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Caddy's TR 9/13 to 9/23 on Maui

As "Dengay" said, I've returned to my normal "abnormal" Caddy state.

BTW, that was supposed to be "the receptionist girl could NOT stop staring at my pink speedo".

Thank God for the industrial strength spandex in speedos than can withstand 90 mph winds friends.

Mahalo!....still tight and hot!

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,819 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Caddy's TR 9/13 to 9/23 on Maui

PZP, I didn't see the wave...must have been the strong winds. Next time I get to Maui, I hope to spend a little time on Kauai too, if possible. Right now, no plans.

......crying...

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,811 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caddy's TR 9/13 to 9/23 on Maui

Real life .... So glad you are OK. Thanks for posting! Will hop on a flight and check out that picture at the GW as soon as I can. Will report back on the brand of shampoo as well...

Betty Lou

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,210 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Caddy's TR 9/13 to 9/23 on Maui

Yippee Caddy! Glad you have your electricity and all is well. Funny post BTW ; )

so. cal
Level Contributor
702 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Caddy's TR 9/13 to 9/23 on Maui

Caddy: thanks for the mention... Can't wait to get over there...

Regards:

Mike

Huahine, French...
Level Contributor
755 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Caddy's TR 9/13 to 9/23 on Maui

Caddy,

I was wondering why I haven't seen your posts (or pink speedo image) recently...didn't realize you lived in Houston, TX. yIKEs!!! :-O

Glad to hear you're safe and still have your wits (or at least your sense of humor) about you. :D

Sometimes it takes an unfortunate gut check (personal, natural or financial disaster) to bring things back into proper perspective. "I am lucky to have my health, life, and friends"

I'm sure your next trip to Maui (hopefully sooner than later) will be a terrific one...be it at the Grand Wailea or at the Kaanapali Krapuuli!

"Caddy is all good now." That's all that matters!!!

Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Caddy's TR 9/13 to 9/23 on Maui

Caddy, that pink speedo really comes with benefits! Upgraded from just one look at it? Nice! Glad you're okay, sad for Houston & Galveston, but Texas is strong and they will rebuild. Mahalo for the report.