We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What food do you bring HOME from Maui...?

michigan
Level Contributor
215 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
What food do you bring HOME from Maui...?

Not necessarily by Fed Ex... but what do you bring HOME with you from Maui? (besides the obligatory pineapples..) I always bring Katsu sauce (cant get it here in the midwest- maybe I need to check our oriental food stores..) Coconut pancake syrup. There are a million different kinds of Ramen-type noodles that I take home for something different. Soya sauce- lots of better kinds than the Kikkomen kind they sell here!

What do YOU bring home? (and the first one to say Peanut Butter......)

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What food do you bring HOME from Maui...?

Coconut pancake syrup. I always ship this to a friend of mine. Could probably buy it online but it's not the same. I know, I know.............

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,273 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What food do you bring HOME from Maui...?

Poke season packs...my son LOVES to make tako poke...honolulu cookie company cookies, a big hit with my co-workers...and we ship home at least a case of wine from the winery!

Orange, CA
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What food do you bring HOME from Maui...?

Cookwees, cookwees, cookwees. I can feel my hips expanding already. One time I brought back some red sea salt. Kona Coffee. That's been about it that I can remember.

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What food do you bring HOME from Maui...?

Teriyaki-Wasabi Macadamia nuts & wasabi peas and sometimes cookies. Last trip we brough home coffee for all.

I always come home with a serious craving for kahlua pork and all the delicious fish!

san diego
Level Contributor
45 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What food do you bring HOME from Maui...?

Shoyu soy sauce, chili water from Kimo's, tropical flavored tea bags

Adirondacks
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What food do you bring HOME from Maui...?

what are cookwees?

white rock bc
Level Contributor
531 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: What food do you bring HOME from Maui...?

Hello

Can you tell me where you buy the coconut syrup and if one brand is better then another. Also, what are Poke season packs?

We always bring home coffee, macadamia chocolate covered nuts for everyone, and spa products for special people.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,273 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What food do you bring HOME from Maui...?

Hi Bellini, my neighbor to the north! Poke seasoning packs are available at any grocery store and Long's Drug...they contain the dried sea weed and spices to make tako poke, ahi poke...most include the recipe on the packet! It is an acquired taste but once you get it you really "get it"

Lesrose...our Safeway here at home is now carrying wasabi peas! Have you checked yours?

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,397 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What food do you bring HOME from Maui...?

My sister's request .. Kona Glazed Macadamia Nuts. Our dog sitter wants...Maui potato chips

the nuts are eaiser to pack than the chips.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,397 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What food do you bring HOME from Maui...?

I meant Kona Coffee Glazed mac nuts