We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to buy swim suits

white rock bc
Level Contributor
532 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best place to buy swim suits

Hi

I was thinking of ordering at least one bathing suit from Victoria Secret, but I'm rethinking that due to the shipping cost and our now lower dollar. Do you have a favorite store for bathing suits in Maui? I will probably end up waiting till we get there to buy my daughters as well.

Thanks,

Bellini

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,076 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to buy swim suits

As for me, I have mine custom made. ;)

If you staying in the Lahina area, probably try Whaler's Village or the resort shops or Lahaina town. If south Maui, try Kihei or the Shops at Wailea. If Hana, Hana General Store sells some excellent cloth sacks. (I only kid you...)

I would more than like wait for Maui. Anyone know of a Victoria Secret there? Should be enough selection to find that elusive swimsuit outfit.

And probably reasonable too. Oh wait, you are from Canada...that changes everything (Wink..wink). (Find a pink speedo and PM when you get back!)

white rock bc
Level Contributor
532 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to buy swim suits

Thanks Caddy. Where did you buy your bathing suit?

Canada
Level Contributor
2,798 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to buy swim suits

There is a bathing suit shop in the Pi'ilani ?sp shopping centre between the Safeway and Hilo Hatties. Went there 2 years ago, they had a great selection and reasonably priced. I would wait til I get there to buy a suit!

santa barbara
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to buy swim suits

Aloha bellini,

There are many places to buy bathing suits on Maui, but one of the nicest selections I have seen was in the Macy's at the Hyatt Regency at Ka'anapali Beach. It is actually located inside the Hyatt. There are specialty bathing suit shops located on Front Street in Lahaina and in most of the hotel resort shops and I have even seen some in the Wal Mart and Costco stores. I don't think you will have any problem at all finding what you want!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,242 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to buy swim suits

Bellini -- Land's End has great bathing suits, and they are probably on sale!

On Maui - I would go to Macy's. Wonderful, wonderful Macy's. The big one -- I forget the name of the shopping center.

so. cal
Level Contributor
702 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to buy swim suits

Macys is in Queen Ka'ahumanu center. Here is their link. The mall is huge with lots of shops...

www.queenkaahumanucenter.com/html/index.asp

Aloha

Mike

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to buy swim suits

My first response would be "on the mainland." That is where I usually buy mine.

As others have said there are shops on Front Street, at the resorts and in the shopping centers. I find that most of the stock is either way overpriced or junk-the stuff they sell to tourists. There are Maui Clothing Company and Water Wear shops all over, but you'll find they pretty much all have the same stuff (same owner). Macy's has a big selection of surfwear and junior swimwear, and some chichi labels, but you cannot count on them having what you need/want all the time. My 16 year old can, I am a bit more discerning and like some support and coverage in my suits.

If you are looking for a bikini and can typically buy a suit off the rack, then you'll probably have no trouble finding something. But if you have trouble finding the right suit, like most of us, make sure you bring along a suit, just in case you don't find one right away. You don't want to spend the first few days of your vacation running around town, hitting the mall, trying on swimwear, when you could have spent them on the beach, do you?

I've been looking for a new pair of board shorts for weeks and finally ordered a pair from JC Penney off all places. I'm pretty average, I think, but I have a woman's hips and they just don't fit right in junior shorts anymore, and we just don't have a lot of selection here. IMO. Macy's, WalMart, Sears...feh.

Oregon
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place to buy swim suits

My wife would respond as follows -

Prior to our recent trip to Maui in September, I purchase several swimsuits from VS online. When we got there, I shopped several stores still looking for something good, with disappointment. UNTIL we were in Paia mid-trip and ran across the Maui Girl swimwear store. SUCCESS! Best swimsuits ever. Lot's of options - different tops and bottoms. Several suits in the Sports Illustrated issue. Local, 30-year, company, hand made at regular prices. Clerk said that many people never bring suits and come straight to the store from the airport before going to their destination.

At the main Paia traffic light, turn upcountry on Baldwin. Less than a block in a pastel light blue stucco-like building on the right. 10 minutes from the airport.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
133 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place to buy swim suits

I just bought mine at Maui Water Wear, Whaler's Village, a couple of weeks ago and it was much less expensive and so much cuter than ones that I looked at on the Mainland before going to Maui. They are always running sales and they have many locations. Macy's at the Hyatt has a great selection too but, to me, they are expensive and they don't have a good selection of sale items. Go on Maui Clothing Company's website and get their 10% off coupon.

Pacific, Washington
Level Contributor
121 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place to buy swim suits

I ordered 2 from NewportNews.com a year ago. I thought they had quite a few and they fit all types of bodies.

Janet.