We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best restaurants near sheraton maui

stoughton,ma
Level Contributor
255 posts
160 reviews
Save Topic
best restaurants near sheraton maui

i have read about several great restaurants (mama's, plantation house, capiche) but they are all a pretty far drive from the hotel for dinner. are they too far to drive at night or are the roads well lit and easily driven.

also, could anyone suggest restaurants with great food first and good ambiance second. really like places with local flavor and atmosphere. we've eaten at great location restaurants with decent food, but prefer the real deal for a better traveling experience.

steve

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
21,977 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best restaurants near sheraton maui

Hit the search bar uptop and plug in "best Maui restaurants" "cheap eats maui" etc. There are tons of threads to help you..by the way we actually love the on site restaurants at the Sheraton...the Lagoon Bar is awesome for drinks and Pupu's while watching the tourch lighting! Lots of good places without driving hours. Do at least put Mama's on your list for lunch! Amazing

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,215 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best restaurants near sheraton maui

In Whaler's Village (about a 15 minute walk from the Sheraton), Hula Grill and Leilani's are excellent restaurants. Great food and ambiance.

In Lahaina, Penne Pasta is one of my favorites in Maui. No ambiance but definitely great food. It's casual.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,328 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best restaurants near sheraton maui

Both Hula Grill and Leilani's at Whaler's (very short walk) have great food. Indoors has a more formal menu, outdoors is more casual fare. We LOVED the Sea House at the Napili Kai Resort in Napili. Wonderful food, quiet and beautiful ocean front.

Plantation House isn't too far to drive for dinner. About 15 minutes north of the Sheraton in Kapalua.

Lombard, IL
Level Contributor
790 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best restaurants near sheraton maui

Mama'a and Capische? would be a decent drive in terms of time but neither are difficult. Plantation House is a very quick and easy drive and you must do it at least once. The fish preparations are awesome and the view cannot be beat.

In downtown Lahaina (another short, easy drive) you've got Kimo's which is good and reasonably priced. We really love the food at Lahaina Grill (formerly David Paul's) and the ambiance is nice but there's no view. Longhi's is another for great food. The ambiance is bistro and you can people watch all those on Front St.

For the 'local flavor and atmosphere' you should consider Merriman's Kapalua. Peter Merriman's a hawaiian legend for using local ingredients. Another in the Hawaiian Regional Cuisine movement is Bev Gannon. Her Haimaille (sp?) General Store would be a drive close to the one to Mama's. The drive is not hard but the distance might be something you consider.

Florida
Level Contributor
154 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best restaurants near sheraton maui

Travelling in Maui is not very difficult because for the most part there is one road that goes everywhere. Regarding the restaurants you asked about, as other have said, you could defininetly go to all of them without a problem. But there are so many good places to eat in Lahaina town alone that you wouldn't need to go to those places if you didn't want. Not sure where you are staying, but in Lahaina i would recommend KIMOS--good food and wonderful view right on the water--good for sunset. Lahaina Fish Company is pretty good too...right next to KIMOS and also right on the water. As others have mentioned, Hula Grill and Leilanis. They have also said that you can walk there--and i will expand on this. There is a walking path for most of the hotels in the Kaanapali area that goes right along the water and connects the hotels and the restaurants. It is definitely very nice to walk to dinner along the beach and then a much needed walk after dinner to let things digest. And yes, it is safe at night.

That's all i got...hopefully this helps!

Montreal, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: best restaurants near sheraton maui

We just came back 2 days ago (from our 3rd year in a row) and here are some restaurants we always make sure to go back to:

Kimo's in Lahaina is good. If you get there around 17h30 they will sit you upstairs and you can watch the sunset (there is a shuttle from Whales to Lahaina - $1)

Hula Grill is also quite good and they have a "Chef dinner" from 17h00 to 18h00 which is also really good if you don't mind the smaller portion (which were big enough for my girlfriend and me).

7. Re: best restaurants near sheraton maui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 14:20