We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui Ritz vs. Kauai Hyatt at the end of March

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
108 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Maui Ritz vs. Kauai Hyatt at the end of March

I'm going with my family, my parents are in their 50s/60s, my sister is 26 and I'm 28. My mom typically likes convenience when she travels (e.g. easy access to everything). I prefer nice beaches - soft white sands and crystal blue waters. My sister likes to hike and is a bit adventurous. My Dad likes to golf (but probably won't do much of it b/c the rest of us don't).

The Kauai Hyatt is slightly more expensive - about $500 total for trip, but it seems to be getting much better reviews, but the pictures of the Hyatt don't look as nice or upscale.

Will the weather be better in one or the other at the end of March? (Southern Kauai vs. Northern Maui).

Finally, once I decide where to go - should I stay there 5 or 6 nights.

santa barbara
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui Ritz vs. Kauai Hyatt at the end of March

Aloha m3linda,

I think the Ritz has everything your family is looking for. The hiking trails in Kapalua are numerous and some quite challenging and extremely beautiful. The Adventure Center is next door to the Ritz and can set up hikes and zipline rides etc. If your sister is adventurous she will love the Kapalua ziplines. There are shops and restaurants not only in the Ritz, but others close by. D.T. Fleming beach is just below the Ritz and there is a complementary golf cart if you don't want to walk the 5 minutes to the beach. The complimentary shuttle will also take you to any of the beaches close by, Napili Bay, Kapalua and Oneloa Bay. All of these have the crystal blue waters and soft white sand, but my favorite that really fits that description is Oneloa or the Ironwoods as it is sometimes called. You will have it almost to yourself as it is not as well known as the others. It is a great bodyboarding beach, as the waves can sometimes be quite large.....I think you will be impressed. All of these beaches are within walking distance, about 15 minutes from the Ritz, sidewalks all the way. When your Dad sees the golf courses in Kapalua, I am sure he won't be able to resist....they are spectacular! If your mom is a shopper, the Ritz is about a 10 minute drive from Lahaina town and about 7 minutes from Whaler's Village. Good luck with your choice!

2. Re: Maui Ritz vs. Kauai Hyatt at the end of March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 01:18