We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have you been to/heard of these resturants?

Canada
Level Contributor
582 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Have you been to/heard of these resturants?

Most of our resturant selection has been picked out. However, I just found some new places that don't have many reviews or information on the internet so I am looking for your advice.

1. Shaka Pizza

2. Annies Shave Ice

3. BJ's Pizza

4. Seascapes

5. Pita Paradise

5. Beach Bums

6. Broke Da Mouth Cookie Co

These are not resturants that are on our must do list. However, I like to have full information on places and can't find much on these.

If you have been let me know what you think please.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,939 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have you been to/heard of these resturants?

Annie's Shave Ice gets great reviews.

BJ's Pizza: A short story ... a friend of mine was a high-ranking official in Hawaii's state government -- who then came to California and held a position here. When DH and I were planning our first trip to Hawaii, I asked him to recommend a good restaurant. The one he missed the most was BJ's Pizza! Of all the fancy-schmancy places in Hawaii, BJ's Pizza had won his heart. Of course, we went there, and we loved it. But now they are a chain, and I have my very own BJ's in town. Great salads, as well as pizza. You should be able to pull up their menu on-line.

Can't help you with the others.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have you been to/heard of these resturants?

3. BJ's Pizza

good Pizza very "popular" good or bad

5. Pita Paradise

great food, so so setting all fresh made

Pitas kabobs etc

One of the best non fancy places in all of So Maui

Canada
Level Contributor
582 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Have you been to/heard of these resturants?

Thanks,

We don't have a BJ's pizza so I apprciated reading those comments about it and the other resturants too.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Have you been to/heard of these resturants?

Shaka used to be pretty good, but size and quality has slipped as the price has gone up. Better you try go across the street to Dollie's. More toppings, less money. Or, even better yet, get a pizza at the Tiki Lounge in Kalama Village. That's my favorite.

Seascape is the restaurant at the Maui Ocean Center. Not much reason for me to stop there. Ate there once because I was with kids who wanted to. Instead, try go to Ma`alaea Grill or Beach Bums.

Beach Bums is casual, has good BBQ.

Broke Da Mouth is a bakery. You can find their cookies at Long's. It is in industrial area of Kahului, not really a destination. I get my hair done next door, so sometimes I pop in and bring home a treat.

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
649 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Have you been to/heard of these resturants?

We ate at Pita Paradise twice in December. The food was great.

Lombard, IL
Level Contributor
790 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Have you been to/heard of these resturants?

I was hoping Dutch would chime in. He recently posted his about 10 part trip report(dutchor). He comments on Beach Bums during Phase VI continued -

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29220-i86-k242867…

He absolutely loved the BBQ at Beach Bums.

Hickory, North...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Have you been to/heard of these resturants?

I would love to give a big "thumbs up" for Beach Bums. It is not a high class place. The Food Network would probably class it as a "Dive". Nice location overlooking Ma'alaea Harbor. As stated in my report, among the top two BBQ ribs I have eaten.

Dutch

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Have you been to/heard of these resturants?

The ribs at Tommy Bahamas are to die for , for me.

Tommy Bahamas Restaurant

Shops at Wailea.

YUM

Canada
Level Contributor
582 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Have you been to/heard of these resturants?

Ah! Excellent news about Beach Bums. I had read Dutch's reports but now with a re-read I think we will have to for sure try here. I wanted some place in Maaleaa for after our whale watching to eat before we take off for the rest of the day. I was thinking Beach Bums or Seascapes. I think it will have to be Beach Bums. Is this place actually with all the stores in the harbour? Easy to find? I think my husband will love it from the sounds of it.

Canada
Level Contributor
582 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Have you been to/heard of these resturants?

Anyone else?