We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui Kaanapali Villas #501

white rock bc
Level Contributor
531 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Maui Kaanapali Villas #501

Hi

Is anyone familiar with this unit? It is on VRBO but there are no guest comments about it. Is that a red flag? We do have a place booked at the same resort and have paid a deposit but now I'm worried it might be too small for the 4 of us. This #501 is bigger and I would be willing to forego the deposit but I have no idea what this place is like. What do you think?

Indiana
Level Contributor
836 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui Kaanapali Villas #501

I wouldn't worry about no guest comments. Many places on VRBO do not have guest comments. I know the 1 bedroom units at MKV are huge. It would be very comfortable for a family of four. Have a great trip!

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui Kaanapali Villas #501

Just returned from MKV-stayed in studio in Emerald building.

It was plenty big enough for the two of us-maybe a bit small for 4 for sleeping purposes only as you really live outside the unit.

We were up early having our coffee on the patio by candlelight and the same for a couple of dinners we made on the BBQ.

I don't think you could go wrong either way as I have been in 4 different units at MKV and each one I have booked through VRBO and have spoken directly with the owner or agent. Perhaps the owner could email you some recent photos to help you decide.

MKV is a wonderful informal resort but believe me the time you spend in the villa will be short indeed!!

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui Kaanapali Villas #501

From VRBO

>>>>The unit is almost a 1000 sqft, so it's very roomy.<<<<<<<

IMO 1000 sq feet for a 1 bedroom vacation rental is way above the norm.

Thats usually more than double (triple in some cases).

The average hotel room is 300-400 sq feet .

I really dont think you have anything to worry about.

Sparks, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui Kaanapali Villas #501

I've stayed at MKV 9 times in Banyan 125. We have had 2 5 people in this studio, and we we're not crowded at all.

It's a great Old Hawaiian feeling resort. We live on the lanai as well, listening to the palm tree's rustling. I can't wait to get there in 74 days!!

Enjoy your trip!!

5. Re: Maui Kaanapali Villas #501

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 21:19