We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We are SOOOoooo Ready!

Greenacres, WA
Level Contributor
704 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
We are SOOOoooo Ready!

On the hr by hr count down now!

About 18 hrs until our flight and a little worried about the lack of sleep we're facing tonight and getting up at 4am.

We have 13 people flying out of cold wintery Spokane Wa at 6am (including 5 kids).

We're VERY ready, my families bags are all loaded and i've printed everyones boarding passes. . we're all leaving from different parts of Spokane in the morning so should be interesting to see if we can all get to the airport around the same time.

Thanks to the suggestion by TA members i've backed foil, saran wrap, baggies, cereal, seasonings, and will have to buy everything else when we get there.

I also have my new Christmas present, the underwater digital camcorder, all ready and can't wait to video the snorkeling. I've heard the weather today and yesterday has been great and hoping it stays that way ALL WEEK! Wedding next Saturday :)

Mahalo

Chicago
Level Contributor
69 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We are SOOOoooo Ready!

Wow Swirlz! Our flight leaves in 20 hours!

I still have to pack my bag, but the kids are ready to go, I have all their homework copied from the books and pencils sharpened, all our toiletries are in quart size bags (we're not checking bags), and we are all very excited too!

Hope your flight and trip is great! Let's hope for great weather when we get there! Tomorrow night we'll be watching the sun set in MAUI!!!

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,625 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We are SOOOoooo Ready!

Wishing you and your group happy,smooth sailing (flying) as you head to Maui. Things have really fallen place for you..wedding at the resort, accommodations,tickets, activities, or lack of for fun & fellowship time together.

Best wishes on your special day. The Maui sun will be shining on a beautiful bride.

Greenacres, WA
Level Contributor
704 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We are SOOOoooo Ready!

thanks you guys. . .melissa89n where are you flying out of? estimated arrival time?

So far everything HAS fallen into place and i'm just stressing one last detail. .

I opted not to upgrade our economy car with hertz in hopes that it might be cheaper when we arrived.. . well their booked! and now i'm hoping they get some cancelations tomorrow so we can get somethign bigger. .with our kids and bags i'm thinking the economy car is going to be a tight fit and no room for Costco.

However I do have a backup plan of dropping off our stuff THEN some shopping at safeway and a later return trip to Costco. . .but everything is supposed to go my way for my wedding and family trip so i'm going to keep on beleiving they'll have that upgrade we need and maybe get a 4 dr jeep or something :)

Chicago
Level Contributor
69 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We are SOOOoooo Ready!

Swirlz we are flying out of Chicago and should arrive in Maui around 3 pm. It's a non-stop so 9 long hours in the air! I was out getting my pedicure and buying snacks for the flight.

I think we are ready!

I hope your wedding is fabulous! Congratulations!

Melissa

Nor-Cal
Level Contributor
2,344 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We are SOOOoooo Ready!

Congrats Swirltz-keep us poste dwitha mid week trip report-save a spot down at the grill for me!

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,076 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: We are SOOOoooo Ready!

Best wishes Swirlz! Relax just a bit and don't forget to "chill" on Maui. It's going to all work out! :)

Missouri
Level Contributor
784 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: We are SOOOoooo Ready!

Swirlz5-wishing you the best! Best car , best weather, and of course best Wedding! :)

We'll all be waiting to hear from you! Have fun and take lots of pictures.

Greenacres, WA
Level Contributor
704 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We are SOOOoooo Ready!

we did it!

Married this morning at the WKORVN on Kaanapali beach.

I've added some pix on TUG

www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91327

Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,676 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: We are SOOOoooo Ready!

Heather, congratulations!! I tried the link, but when I got in to TUG, I couldn't view the pics...it said I didn't have permission or was logged in. Not sure what to do.

Glad everything turned out wonderfully for you.

Pattie

10. Re: We are SOOOoooo Ready!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 09:26