We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Maui this weekend! Any suggestions??

Honolulu, HI
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Topic
Going to Maui this weekend! Any suggestions??

Aloha!

my gf and I just booked at the Mariott Wailea in Maui and we never been to Maui,, so hook us up with ur advices about cool places to go, thing we must do, restaurants that we have to eat at, etc.. the hole scoop ;)

im 31 and my gf is 28, so we are looking to have a great time in a crazy adventure :D

Cheers!

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
353 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Maui this weekend! Any suggestions??

When you check in to the Marriott you should recieve a welcome Mai-Tai drink coupon. Go down to the pool side bar and grill and redeem it. Tell the bartender the Walker boys sent you. Last visit 2/08. Great memories though.

Both bartenders have worked there for along time, and they will give you great advice for food in the area as it changes alot.

Also look throught the past forums here as there is great advice on what you are asking.

For me one weekend in Maui. Fri pm arrive eat well do not drink too much,check out pool, up at 4:30am drive to top of Haleakala, see sunrise, drive down to Paiaa have breakfast, head back to Marriott, walk down to Ulua beach and snorkel, go to pool, eat lunch at hotel or Shops, hang on Wailea beach, back to Marriott pool and bar, eat at the Longhi's. Repeat starting from Ulua Sun. am until you have to leave or sleep.

Aloha gmc

rjf
LA
Level Contributor
221 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Maui this weekend! Any suggestions??

Do you scuba dive? Even if you don't you can take an introductory dive with Maui Dreams Dive Co. They are based in Kihei and do shore dives not far from the Mariott. They are a great dive company and you will have a blast. I used them a couple of weeks ago and had a great time.

Also, you may want to try the zipline with Skyline Eco Adventures. We did the zipline on Haleakala and it was awesome.

As far as places to eat, our favorite was Roys in Kihei. I had the short ribs and my wife had some fish and both dishes were great. Another restaurant that is not far from where you are staying is Seawatch, which has a beautiful view overlooking Molokini. We went for lunch and you can order lunch or breakfast at that time.

Have fun

Honolulu, HI
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Maui this weekend! Any suggestions??

thx,, will def check the bar out and hope we get the "vip" treatment lol

will def do the sunrise,,

duno about the tour, we dont want to be committed, we want to relax, but will def check zipline out and see what they offer..

Roys, there is one here in Honolulu, is it any dif in Maui? looking for something new maybe..

any more :)

rjf
LA
Level Contributor
221 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Maui this weekend! Any suggestions??

Another restaurant that we liked in Wailea was Seawatch. It has a great view overlooking Molokini.

5. Re: Going to Maui this weekend! Any suggestions??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 12:23