We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road to Hana

Lena, WI
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Road to Hana

Hello,

My husband & I will be visiting Maui in June. It will be our first trip to Hawaii. We would like to drive the road to Hana & I was wondering how long it takes to get there from the Knanapali area. Also, is it really ell travelled at this time of the year? Any other advice about travelling on this raod would be greatly apprectiated! Thanks for your help.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road to Hana

Its Very well traveled all year....and maybe too popular.

... I would allow 3 hours with stops to get to Hana and another hour past there to the Seven Sacred Pools, area, again with stops

It is a very easy road that have been up-graded ofer the years.... it is a narrow 2 lane with few pullouts, and narrow bridges.... plan on 20 mph most of the way.... Its a state Hiway... and well maintained.. Lots of people work themselves into a frenzie worrying over a very nice easy drive. Its not a cliff hanging terror..... dont worry

Get Hawaii by the Mile for your guide book.

Lena, WI
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Road to Hana

Thanks so much!

Lena, WI
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Road to Hana

I have one more question about the road to Hana. I've read the Maui Revealed guidebook and looked at the maps provided. If we wanted to go to the Seven Sacred Pools, what is the best way to get back to the Kanappali area?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
938 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Road to Hana

Probably the best thing to do is turn around and go back the same way that you came. We took the road that goes through from the seven pools and it was very rough. We were on a bus tour and I am not sure that I would have liked to drive it. If you have a rental car they will not allow you to drive that portion of the road unless you have a jeep. I am not sure how to insert a picture here but if you want to see a couple of pictures go in and send me a private message and I will send them via e-mail. Have fun and enjoy as the Road to Hana is truly amazing.

Alberta Travelbug

5. Re: Road to Hana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 03:17