We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ululani's Hawaiian Shave Ice

vancouver
Level Contributor
182 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Ululani's Hawaiian Shave Ice

I had read about this place on this site and the reviews almost sounded to "fluffy" but thought we'd check it out. It's located at 819 Front (just to the right of Cheeseburgers in Paradise)...a little hole in the wall and not super easy to find. I couldn't find it the first night but went back determined and found it on the second try. The reviews are here are true! David, the Owner was so darn nice. He remembered our names the next night we showed up(and the next night and the one after that!!). The fine shaved ice which absorbs the flavours instad of sinking to the bottom and the homemade syrops he puts on the ice are to die for. Not to sweet as most other shaved ices are. Take the time to find Ululani's and you won't be disappointed. I am going back tonight!!

chicago
Level Contributor
460 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ululani's Hawaiian Shave Ice

Do yourself a favor and try Local Boys shave ice just down the street across from the banyan tree.It is their new location (another in Kehei) they have been in Lahaina for about 3 1/2 weeks. Their shave ice is AWESOME.

santa barbara
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ululani's Hawaiian Shave Ice

Aloha denise,

You say they make their own syrups....any idea what's in those syrups? Just curious:-) Wonder if there is anyplace that has "natural" flavors like concentrated fruit juices or maybe that is what some of them are. That would be a nice alternative for people who have children who are sensitive to sugar and artificial coloring.

vancouver
Level Contributor
182 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ululani's Hawaiian Shave Ice

I will ask him tonight when I go back to get my nightly shaved ice and post. I know they have sugar free shaved ices though.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
137 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ululani's Hawaiian Shave Ice

This is the best shaved ice handsdown anywhere. We just returned from Maui and I ate their twice and if I would have found it sooner I would have had some everyday. Don't try anything other than this man. He is very nice.

5. Re: Ululani's Hawaiian Shave Ice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2009, 05:29