We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Random Budget Question - How much are you all spending?

Chicago
Level Contributor
549 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Random Budget Question - How much are you all spending?

Just out of curiosity, I wondered what other people spend when they go to Maui. How much have/would most people spend for one week in Maui for two. I know there are tons of variables (season when traveling, type of accomodation, etc.) but just looking for people's experiences (not necessarily same type of trip as me).

I'm guessing it will be around $3,500 - $4,000 when it is said and done. Is that above or below anyone else out there?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
691 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Random Budget Question - How much are you all spending?

For husband and myself, our upcoming trip to Maui will be pretty low key. Since we did all the big activities there on our honeymoon there a few years ago, we don't feel much need to spend as much. Just for roundtrip flights from/to Seattle, car rental for 7 days (discounted through work), and 7 nights accomodations in a B&B, the gross total is $1670. Not bad.

Breakfast will be provided, and we'll be eating pretty inexpensively for most lunches and dinners (i.e. market food, Subway, etc). Add the cost for renting snorkeling gear for a week, cabana rental at the Sheraton Kaanapali (for a day at Black Rock), and shopping, I don't think we'll reach $3000.

arkansas
Level Contributor
472 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Random Budget Question - How much are you all spending?

In a 7 night stay we will rent a decent condo @ $275/night, rent a car for $200, see a luau for $200, budget $100/day for meals(x9 for the 2 days in travel), and spend another $500-700. Total vacation is ~$4,000 plus airfare.

Orange, CA
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Random Budget Question - How much are you all spending?

I think we spent around $4000 when all was said and done for three of us for airfare, Sheraton stay, car, $250 roundtrip shuttle to LAX, dining out, cabana rentals, etc. That was for 8 nights.

VANCOUVER
Level Contributor
290 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Random Budget Question - How much are you all spending?

We are leaving in 3 weeks, so i can only tell you what i have spent so far. Airfare, beach front, one bedroom condo and car for 10 days 1950.00. We will eat most breakfasts and about 1/2 lunch and 1/2 dinners at the condo. We usually stop at Costco that saves alot on food. My husband will golf 2 days. He rented clubs for 25.00 per day and they were able to get him tee times under 100 each. Maui can be not that expensive, but you need to book ahead and search the internet alot. I booked the airfare and condo in December and just today found a cheaper car rental. aloha

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,047 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Random Budget Question - How much are you all spending?

Two trips; one in '05 and one in '07 and each cost a GRAND TOTAL of $3500.

Florida
Level Contributor
79 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Random Budget Question - How much are you all spending?

We're sitting at around $3600 roundtrip from Orlando to Maui, Sheraton 6 nights, rental car, breakfast daily, snorkel trip/excursion, concert. Also includes a couple other things included with hotel from Costco membership.

Cleburne, Texas
Level Contributor
401 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Random Budget Question - How much are you all spending?

You are very correct about the variables of what is spent on a vacation. My wife and I go via first class air, use limousines, eat at restaurants and stay in club level rooms at the resorts so our trips cost much more. Our trip for the month averages around $9500 per week. After the many years of taking the whole family along, we are now able to take our vacations by ourselves and lucky enough to enjoy the leisure time we have.

California
Level Contributor
4,225 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Random Budget Question - How much are you all spending?

Yes, lots of variables. We bought 4 tix with miles (2 adults/2 kids), and are paying roughly $3400 for 8 nights in a 2br/2ba condo and rental car, plus we booked a snorkel trip for $300. That leaves us lots of room to spend what we want. We'll probably come in at around $5000 without paying for flights.

Toronto,Canada
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Random Budget Question - How much are you all spending?

not including the flights

3 nights waikiki

3 nights westin maui

3 nights fairmonts

old lahaina luau

snorkel trip

rental car on waikiki

rental car on Maui

meals drinks and entertainment snorkel equipment rental for the time on maui etc etc

I hope to get out of there for less than $4000

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Random Budget Question - How much are you all spending?

<I'm guessing it will be around $3,500 - $4,000 when it is said and done. Is that above or below anyone else out there?>

We have done a week trip for less, and also for more - I calculate our totals as 'total' and I mean every dime - air, lodging, food (just remember you have to eat no matter where you are) tips, etc.

In short your average numbers guessed are what I consider 'average'.