We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your Favorite Restaurants

VANCOUVER
Level Contributor
290 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Your Favorite Restaurants

We will be in Kihei next week for 6 nights. We will probably cook dinner 3 nights and would like to try some of your favorite restaurants the other 3. One dinner in Kihei, one in Kaanapali, and one in Lahaina.

Nothing fancy, just good food.

Thanks

San Francisco Bay...
Level Contributor
280 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Your Favorite Restaurants

In Kaanapali we LOVE the Hula Grill, sitting outside with our feet in the sand. It's a great place to really take in the scene, see a beautiful sunset and beach, and relax with casual but really good food. It's nice to stroll along the beach path and to check out Whaler's Village. There are also lots of hotel beach/pool/restaurant bars along the path to stop for a drink before or after and further absorb the scene.

In Lahaina we're planning to try Kimo's on this trip.

Enjoy!

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your Favorite Restaurants

Hi

The TS chain is great

Leilanis (Kaanapali)

Hula Grill (half owners I think Kaanapali)

Kimos (Lahaina)

Lahaina Grill in downtown Lahaina just won readers choice

Mala Ocean Tavern

I love the SeaHouse at Napili (maybe for lunch if you are driving past for ziplining)

Stoutsville, Ohio
Level Contributor
308 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Your Favorite Restaurants

Sansei in Kihei!

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your Favorite Restaurants

Cafe O'Lei for good food with Great Prices.

I had (just last night) the Blackend Mahi Mahi Dinner..... three nice sized pieces of Mahi-Mahi-also came with roasted tomatoes, fresh broccoli, rice, a mango salsa (excellent) and a butter garlic sauce and a small side salad all for the grand sum of $$ 17.95

Its at the Rainbow Mall in Kihei.

We love this restaurant,

Stoutsville, Ohio
Level Contributor
308 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Your Favorite Restaurants

SouthMauiguy-Is cafe o lei still open in Kihei? My fiance and I love that restaraunt.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
218 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Your Favorite Restaurants

For good food at fair prices, in Kihei I like Stella Blues Cafe, in Lahaina, Penne Pasta Cafe and the various Cafe O'Lei locations (in Kihei, at The Dunes golf course and in Wailuku town. Note that Cafe O'lei is closed on Mondays, but open for breakfast & lunch at the golf course location).

For "special" dinners I like Roy's, The Waterfront and Spago.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Your Favorite Restaurants

GMADEDE,

If you like Japanese / Fusion foods, Sansei is our favorite; make sure you make a reservation (they might not take reservations on Sundays and Mondays for their 50% off specials 5-6 pm.

In Lahaina, we liked Kimo and Mala Ocean Tavern (great view on both decks).

If you don't mind driving a bit more north, you might want to try Pineapple Grill in Kapalua or Roy's in Kahana.

Enjoy!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
56,957 posts
432 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Your Favorite Restaurants

As an alternative to Ka'anapali, consider the Sea House at Napili Kai Resort in Naplili Bay.

In Lahaina I like the Lahaina Grill, Pacific 'O and Mala.

In Kihei/Wailea I like Ferraro's Bar e Ristorante , Nick's Fish Market & Longhi's (sorry, I LIKE Longhi's , esp. Lobster Longhi's).

Davis, California
Level Contributor
128 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Your Favorite Restaurants

What do folks prefer at The Hula Grill - the barefoot bar and cafe (I know it's a little more casual) or the dining room? What are the views in the dining room? Are reservations necessary?

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Your Favorite Restaurants

Allicat...

YES Cafe O Lei is still open and doing well.

Ate there last night.

It is closed on Mondays all day.

Fridays Saturday and Sunday Nights they have a fresh seafood bar where a chef (orlando) will freshly make seafood items to order.