We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discounts for Helicopter Tours?

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Discounts for Helicopter Tours?

I'm helping my BIL research helicopter tours for an upcoming trip. Sounds like either Blue Hawaiian or Sunshine will fit the bill. Are there generally discounts available? If so, where?

Thanks much.

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Discounts for Helicopter Tours?

Just bumping this up in case anyone can help with info re: discounts. I've seen a couple of websites claiming discount prices but I'm not sure if it might be better to wait to book until on island.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chicago
Level Contributor
549 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Discounts for Helicopter Tours?

I'm going in 2 weeks and booked through Blue Hawaiian direct. They have an online deal if you book and pre-pay online. I also saw a deal on another website that books many activities in Maui but after all the taxes, it ended up being the exact same price. I'm betting you can't beat the online price that the company offers on their own websites..

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Discounts for Helicopter Tours?

Thanks very much!

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Discounts for Helicopter Tours?

Agree with the previous response regarding Blue & Sunshine. He might want to reserve & see what's advertised in tourist mags, such as This Week on Maui etc,with "secondary operators". (Believe I'm current in saying cancellations are OK as late as 25 hours prior to departure.)

If putting up with a time-share presentation is acceptable to your BIL, the rides get quite inexpensive.

Blue and Sunshine are the only two companies that offer the option of Eco/Whisper Star's; much smoother, better viewing etc; the cost is higher but worth it imo. If more of a thrill ride is desired, either Alex and/or (?) Maui Air include smaller choppers with doors-off option. However, this type of aircraft lacks in-flight DVD capability.

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Discounts for Helicopter Tours?

Thanks! We made the mistake of enduring a timeshare presentation in Kauai and it wasn't worth the savings. I'm encouraging my BIL not to be tempted. ;-)

6. Re: Discounts for Helicopter Tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2010, 06:19