We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paragon- thoughts?

Franklin...
Level Contributor
246 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Paragon- thoughts?

Hello:

After narrowing our snorkel/sail down to teralani or gemini, i discovered paragon. Anyone think this is a better operation than the other two? I was leaning towards Gemini- but now Paragon looks great too. Any thoughts? Thanks as usual.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
69,281 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paragon- thoughts?

Aloha,

Paragon is great, but I think it's papaya to mango.......Paragon does Lanai, like Trilogy--whereas Gemini and Teralani do half day West side trips.

The food on Gemini is more luxe than Paragon's, it will be a shorter day--and you won't go to Lanai.....but they are both great!

Mentioned in this post
Lanai
Lanai
Hawaii
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,073 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paragon- thoughts?

Just to add, Trilogy has great snorkeling trips that push-off from Ka'anapali. They choose the best site for the day, excellent food ... and they'll do a little extra whale-watching in season. We've used them several times. Paragon also gets good reviews.

Mentioned in this post
Ka'anapali
Ka'anapali
Maui, HI
Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
69,281 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paragon- thoughts?

Yep, Trilogy is great too, I didn't mention their K'pali trip only because I vaguely recall the OP wanted a trip with drinks after snorkeling. It seems Trilogy is still doing the BYOB thing, so I left it out as far as West side trips.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of these companies!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,073 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paragon- thoughts?

Sometimes I think the BYOB is a better way to go -- people get what they want. Guess, I'm just picky.

Franklin...
Level Contributor
246 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paragon- thoughts?

Great- thanks to all! We were thinking not to do trilogy because it seems to be a much larger boat, and we wanted something a bit more intimate. We could BYOB, no problem, but we were thinking it would be nice to have a smaller boat and smaller crowd. Thanks so much for all the info!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,073 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paragon- thoughts?

What is your definition of 'large." I never considered Triology's cats as large.

Franklin...
Level Contributor
246 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paragon- thoughts?

Over 100 passengers...isn't it about 150 they take?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,073 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paragon- thoughts?

Nooooo ...

The Trilogy cats we've been on -- generally between 35 and 40 people. Note capacities below. And I think that includes the crew.

www.sailtrilogy.com/pages/meetthefleet.php

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
50,168 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paragon- thoughts?

I've done Trilogy, Teralani, and Paragon. Can't go wrong with any of these. I've never seen more than 35 on a Trilogy trip. Paragon's sail to Lanai limits at I think 25. That was my favorite trip. Usually they will only sail on the trip back to Lahaina. The day I was on it, they sailed to and from Lanai!! Besides the snorkeling and the dolphins my favorite part of the trip was the deep blue water swim that we go to do about half way back to Lahaina. Just an extra element that was added that I haven't seen the others do.

Mentioned in this post
Lanai
Lanai
Hawaii
Lahaina
Lahaina
Maui, HI
pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,108 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paragon- thoughts?

DH and I LOVE Paragon and go out with them whenever we're on Maui. I don't think we've ever been on the boat with more than 10 or so passengers. Way under capacity; they limit it. Nice boat, very fast; the performance sail on the way home is a blast. Admittedly, their food isn't as luxe as some, but we don't go for the food.

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii