We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best restaurant combination of view and price and food

Colorado
3 posts
Save Topic
Best restaurant combination of view and price and food

What do you all believe is the best combination of view, food, and "moderate" price for a meal in Maui? I will be staying in Wailea, but don't mind traveling a bit for lunch or dinner.

Of the three my priority is ocean view. I can eat good food anywhere, but not while looking over the beautiful Maui coast.

Thanks,

Dano

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,597 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best restaurant combination of view and price and food

Define "moderate price."

Napa, California
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best restaurant combination of view and price and food

We recently had breakfast at the 5 Palms in Kihei ($20 total). The food was good and moderately priced considering the ocanfront setting.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
46,451 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best restaurant combination of view and price and food

I don't know what moderate means to you or other people so can't comment on that. The first two places that come to mind for scenery and good food in south Maui would be the Seawatch in Wailea or Buzz's Warf in Maalaea

Colorado
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best restaurant combination of view and price and food

I realize "moderate" price is vague and relative. Everything is pricey in Maui. I did that on purpose. I hope that people will respond with whatever they think is a great combo of the three characteristics. Maybe a restaurant has such awesome food and views, that price doesn't matter.

Dan

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,597 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best restaurant combination of view and price and food

Everything isn't pricey on Maui. I don't find the restaurants prices much different from California.

My choice: The Sea House at Napili Kai in Napili (West Maui). Wonderful view of the bay ... close to the water... very nice, yet very open seating arrangement. I love their menus - creative and ymmu for any meal. I give it an A+

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
55,156 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best restaurant combination of view and price and food

Aloha,

"Overlooking" the coast: The Plantation House, Seawatch, Kula Lodge would be three.

On the water: The Waterfront, Nick's Fishmarket, Castaway's Cafe, Leilani's, Hula Girl, Cane & Taro, etc......

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,751 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best restaurant combination of view and price and food

The Five Palms in Kihei is a good suggestion. They have an excellent "earlybird" special for dinner before 6PM. Two other suggestions for great food and views in South Maui are Ferraro's at the Four Seasons and Capische? - but they hardly fall into the Moderate category.

If you get up to West Maui, consider brunch at the Plantation House. Great food and stunning views out to Molokai and Lanai. Also consider breakfast or lunch a the Seahouse which is right on the sand on Napili Bay.

Lombard, IL
Level Contributor
790 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best restaurant combination of view and price and food

Since you are staying in Wailea - there are 2 that come to mind. Many have mentioned Seawatch and that is a great recommendation for a nice sit down meal. the other is Mulligan's on the Blue. It's more of an Irish pub atmosphere but the prices are definately moderate and the food is fantastic. View is comparable to Seawatch too! There are several that have terrific food and view but are a little pricey.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,994 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best restaurant combination of view and price and food

I'll go with Nick's Fishmarket.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,466 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best restaurant combination of view and price and food

Castaway Cafe and Gazebo pop into mind...wrong "side" of the island for you. But just lovely for breakfast or lunch! Amazing views!