We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel for a quiet beach and drinks/service by the pool

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
212 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotel for a quiet beach and drinks/service by the pool

Okay so one of my main criteria for this visit is to walk as short as possible from my room to a nice quiet beach and also to a pool and hopefully have a cabana or shade and order cocktails and relax.

What is the best hotel for this ?

Also pre-booking chairs/lounges/cabanas around the pool? Can I do this at any hotel as I don't like the 9am rush to get seats.

I am thinking the Four Seasons or Fairmont ? I have stayed at the Four Seasons Maui before and was impressed with the setup and the chair/lounges overlooking the beach/water from the edge and hidden amongst shrubs.

Any thoughts/ideas feel free to add them.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
53,721 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel for a quiet beach and drinks/service by the pool

Aloha,

I'd say the 4S or the Ritz at Kapalua would fit your criteria the best.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,428 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel for a quiet beach and drinks/service by the pool

Since it sounds like you just want to veg by the the pools.. either would be great! Might want to change things up and try the Ritz! Depending on time of year, tis gorgeous!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,059 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel for a quiet beach and drinks/service by the pool

I don't know about the short walk to the beach/pool at the Ritz. Others can elaborate.

Nice quiet beach ...? All beaches are public. When are you traveling?

If you liked the Four Seasons and are comfortable with their prices ... then why not go back?

We loved the Sheraton Maui and have been their several time. Building 4 to SO close to both the pool and the best beach. You can reserve cabanas, a couple great bars by the pool/beach and such, but they are not into over-the-top pampering.

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,735 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel for a quiet beach and drinks/service by the pool

Pretty hard to beat the 4S. They and the Ritz are in a class alone. All the others start at the next tier down when it comes to service and pampering. If you liked the Four Seasons before, go for it again. The Ritz is marvelous and quiet and the pool cabanas are terrific. But it sits far back from the beach (DT Flemming) and in fact, requires a courtesy shuttle ride back and forth by many guests. You might also take a look at the new Kapalua Residences which sit right in the North edge of Kapalua Beach.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,467 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hotel for a quiet beach and drinks/service by the pool

One word....

Lanai.

OK, four words.

Four Seasons Manele Bay.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,914 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best hotel for a quiet beach and drinks/service by the pool

Consider the Makena Beach and Golf Resort. (Was The Prince until recently.) It's not as huge and spread out as many hotels; more of its rooms have direct ocean view, and the whole thing is nearer to the beach. This is an excellent swimming and snorkeling beach, visited regularly by green sea turtles. As The Prince, service was excellent.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
231 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best hotel for a quiet beach and drinks/service by the pool

I was also going to recommend the former Maui Prince, we were there in September, right before the name change. Although it won't be quite as upscale as the Ritz or 4S, of course. But the beach is lovely, it's a very short walk. And while the pool is pretty plain, it was never busy or crowded. Definitely quiet, and good drinks and service.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
149 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best hotel for a quiet beach and drinks/service by the pool

I would also suggest the Makena Resort (formerly Maui Prince). Quiet and more secluded area, with plenty of cabana's and pool attendant to take your drink orders. The beach is wonderful, and not busy. The only caveat is the pool is nothing fancy, but otherwise it is a wonderful quiet resort and beach.

Napa, California
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best hotel for a quiet beach and drinks/service by the pool

I stayed at the Makena Beach Resort on 10/13. I LOVE the setting, size of the hotel and LOVE LOVE LOVE the beach.

That said, my room was dated, the bathroom was clean but closer to 2 star, not anywhere near 4 star.

The service was outstanding and the location can't be beat.

I just would hate the OP to expect 4S rooms - I think the location is better than the 4s!

Napa, California
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best hotel for a quiet beach and drinks/service by the pool

PS - my profile picture, was taken at that beach!