We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui Sunset internet rates?

Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Maui Sunset internet rates?

We will be at the Maui Sunset in Nov. and I am trying to find the rate for the Wi-fi I have read a dial up is available free and on one site many months ago I recall a rate of around $9 a day or $35 a week. Does that sound right to any one? It sound like a rip-off to me....I have allways stayed where it was free wi-fi...teaball...10 days to go!!!

Chilliwack, B.C.
Level Contributor
540 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui Sunset internet rates?

Sounds like we are leaving the same day as you the 14th. Are you flying out of YVR, we are flying West jet. We can hardly wait. THis will be our 5th November trip and hopefully will have 5 more.

Have a wonderful vacation I know we will....:0)

Nebraska
Level Contributor
299 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui Sunset internet rates?

Individual owner units vary. Some do have internet connections in place, free to the renter. I do not believe that a lot ot the condo's as a whole do offer free wi-fi.

If you are close to a connection, an option to enroll might pop up.

If there is a cable in the room, it will certainly pop up and offer connection.

I can't remember the name for sure but it is something like Ocean Pacific or something like that. Yes, that is about the rate,

Price of Paradise :)

Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui Sunset internet rates?

Hi marjmy we are leaving YVR on Westjet on the 15th and coming home on the 5th of Dec. you know I never really started to get excited about it, truly untill today. I guess the closer the more real it gets. Have you had good weather in all of your Nov. trips?...teaball

Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui Sunset internet rates?

Rich68307 yes I will probably just pay the price.Once I am there I like the convenience of the wi-fi in my room. I`ll just add it to the cost of the vacation.I am not big on using the free wi-fi in the coffee shops etc. Its in the wee hours of the morning with my coffee I like it most....teaball

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,051 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui Sunset internet rates?

$9/day sounds about right. The Luana Kai, just north of the Maui Sunset , charged $9 in '07. The other option was to use their computer in the lobby for free. Fortunately the owner of our condo provided wifi so we did not have to pay extra..

Chilliwack, B.C.
Level Contributor
540 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maui Sunset internet rates?

Weather for all the November trips we have taken have been excellent, never have we have more than a couple of rainy days, and it rained very hard (kinda like we are expecting today), some of our trips have had absolutely no rain, the temp is perfect not too hot and cool enough in the evenings. Have a wonderful vacation

Cheers

MArjorie

Louisville
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maui Sunset internet rates?

We were at the Maui Sunset in Sept and I think we paid $35 for the week. We were with another couple so we split the cost, but I think it was $35.

8. Re: Maui Sunset internet rates?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2010, 05:20