We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui with Children 14, 12, 9

Alaska
4 posts
Save Topic
Maui with Children 14, 12, 9

My wife and I are considering a vacation in Maui. We have been to Maui once together, about 20 years ago.

We are looking for input on the best hotel / resort to fit our family. A few years ago we traveled to Mexico and stayed at the Grand Bay Resort Hotel - it was a great hotel with a lot of activities for the kids.

We are an Alaska family, and looking forward to some fun in the sun - both at the pool and the beach.

The primary focus is on the facility activities and accomodations, - as well as proximity to a good family beach, not so much on budget.

I realize that in Maui you are only a short drive away from anything not offerred nearby, but I would appreciate your input on the best fit for our family vacation.

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,140 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui with Children 14, 12, 9

i would think that you might want a 2 b/r condo that would have a full kitchen --a pool and close to the ocean

do you have a particular part of the island that you might want to stay at-- also a nightly hotel/condo budget would be very helpful to us in offering up some choices for you

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,367 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui with Children 14, 12, 9

You might like the Grand Wailea. They have some activities the kids can do on-site and if your kiddos want to learn how to surf or the older ones want to do one of the ziplines, you can arrange that with the concierge.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,573 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui with Children 14, 12, 9

Sounds like the Grand Wailea or the Hyatt are what you want..lots of kids activities, great pools.

Menifee, California
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui with Children 14, 12, 9

Aloha!

You might consider the Kaanapali Beach Club...their suites sleep 5 people(2 adults, 3 kids), they have a nice pool, and they offer a kids program. It is not the Hyatt, but my family of 5 loved it when we went, and we received good service. You might also look at the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas(condos)...good pool, great beach, and I am pretty sure they have a kids program, too!

Me ke aloha,

Bryan Brown

BBrown9825@aol.com

Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
135 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui with Children 14, 12, 9

I think you should consider either the Grand Wailea or the Westin, or maybe a mix of both, since they are at different locations on the island...

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
56,612 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maui with Children 14, 12, 9

Aloha,

I'd add Maui Kaanapali Villas, the new Honua Kai, or some of the others already mentioned. Be careful with K.Beach Club--it doesn't have full kitchens (they'll bring you a hot plate and skillet.....).

rjf
LA
Level Contributor
221 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maui with Children 14, 12, 9

Try the Grand Wailea. We stayed there with our 13 and 11 year old this past Feb. We loved it. Great pool area. Close to many rest. and activities. They took surfing lessons nearby and had a great time.

Have fun

Alaska
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Maui with Children 14, 12, 9

When you recommend the Westin is it the Westin Villas or another property . . . or are they one in the same?

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,573 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maui with Children 14, 12, 9

The Westin Resort and Spa and the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas are to seperate properties. The Villas are more like condos but with all the resort amenities.

10. Re: Maui with Children 14, 12, 9

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2010, 05:18