We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do with belongings while snorkeling? and other Q's..

westside,1
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Topic
What to do with belongings while snorkeling? and other Q's..

We're going to Maui at the end of December, pretty excited, especially booking everything at the last minute it seems.

We will be going snorkeling for the first time so I booked a excursion with Trilogy to Molokini. Is there significant different between leaving at 6:30a and 8am? Will it be more crowded at Molokkini or is it always crowded there. Unfortunately they only have 8am departures available for our week and I'd like to go with them early to get any snorkeling tips before we go ourselves later in the week.

Which brings me to my main question, What do people usually do with their personal belonging when going snorkeling near the beaches? Keys, wallets, cameras, etc. I read about all the rental car break-ins so I assume leaving expensive equipment and valuables in the car is a bad idea. Are there lockers near the beach to use ? Leave everything at the hotel and walk? Do one person guard valuables while the other snorkels? I haven't really seen anyone talk about this so there must be a simple solution that escapes me - like what to do with my dSLR camera while snorkeling (leave it in my room?).

Also we're looking into booking the early morning sunrise whale watching trip with Pacific Whale Foundation. Anyone have experience with the early 6:30a trip before? Is that the best time to see whales active? Or should we take something later in the day? The sunrise trip sounds very pretty and is apparently targeted at photographers.. and is supposed to be guaranteed (or you get a free voucher to go again).

We'll be staying at the Days Inn in Wailea right off the beach!

thanks for any tips!

21. Re: What to do with belongings while snorkeling? and other Q's..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2010, 07:17