We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Dinner w/ a View?

berkley, ma
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Romantic Dinner w/ a View?

Friends of mine are getting married in Feb and off to HI for a 2 week honeymoon. I would like to get them a girt certificate at a nice romantic resturant with a view. Any sugestions?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,950 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Dinner w/ a View?

Where are they staying?? At least the area ...?

stevenglenda
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Dinner w/ a View?

You might get an American Express( VISA) Gift Card...& then print out an information sheet about opentables.com...then they can choose their own resturant...honeymoons are...well all about personal choices ..... if you know the area ...then come back ...and ask for idea about additional suggestion perhaps

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,460 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Dinner w/ a View?

Are they only going to Maui?

In West Maui I would say Plantation House or Merriman's.

In South Maui I'd say Ferarro's or Nick's Fishmarket.

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,044 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Dinner w/ a View?

and i would say capische??

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
104 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic Dinner w/ a View?

I'd suggest Feast at LeLe, if you reserve a table early you can get front row- I think it is very romantic, hawaiian and unique.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic Dinner w/ a View?

Mama's Fish house for lunch! Trust me you can't afford dinner! HA But a wonderful place!!

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,692 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic Dinner w/ a View?

Our two favs....

In South Maui it's Ferraro's at the Four Seasons

fourseasons.com/maui/dining/ferraro_s_bar_e_…

In West Maui it's Merriman's at Kapalua Bay

www.merrimanshawaii.com/merrimans-maui.php

Both offer the perfect storm of excellent food, stellar service, and an unbelievable location.

berkley, ma
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic Dinner w/ a View?

Oh yeah I do need to find out where they are staying. They are also going to Kauai for a week

Thanks for the info and I will find out where thry are staying

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
310 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic Dinner w/ a View?

I have no idea about your budget, but you also might look into tableside chefs. You get private dining on the beach where the chef makes the meal just for you, as I understand it. I have personally never used their service, but a friend of mine used it on their honeymoon a few years back and said it was very romantic. Its not cheap, $400 per couple, but he had said worth every penny.

I did see where Hawaii at some point has passed a law against commercial activities on beaches, so I'm not sure how this is affected.

One poster had mentioned the Feasts at LeLe, which is great as well. I will caution you to make sure they enjoy diverse foods. My wife who is a steak and potatos girl, didn't care for 75% of the food which was particularly depressing at $110 a piece, but I loved it. Its not your normal luau in that its not a buffet, they serve all courses at your table. If they enjoy a wide range of food, they will really enjoy this.

Edited: 30 December 2009, 16:19
Brooks,AB
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Romantic Dinner w/ a View?

If they are in the South, you could do Five Palms for a fraction of the price and still get amazing food, amazing view, amazing service... Go to their website for more info.