We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good news from alomo rental car company

illinois
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Good news from alomo rental car company

I Just called alamo about adding my wife as an autherized driver on the rental car we are renting in maui and they said spouses are included. I dont know if this is new or not but it is a good thing because from some of the other post from the past it was 10.00 a day. I also looked it up in the alamo contract on the web and it confirmed what she told me. Just thought I would let others know.

Darren

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,234 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good news from alomo rental car company

i always book alamo thru costco and they have always had the 2nd driver at no cost

illinois
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Good news from alomo rental car company

Ok I was still a little doubtfull so I made another Phone call. The second call gave me different information. Spouses are included if you use your quicksilver member number. You cant use this number through price line. So it looks like I will be paying the 9.99 per day for my spouse. Live and learn. It is still quite alot cheaper than my first rental i had booked.

Sorry for the miss guided info on the original post.

Darren

El Cerrito...
Level Contributor
188 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good news from alomo rental car company

We booked through Costco too, and I was wondering if they are charging EXTRA for the 2nd driver that they automatically include, or if it really is no charge. We only have one driver, so I hope we aren't paying for a non-existant 2nd driver.

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,234 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good news from alomo rental car company

We booked through Costco too, and I was wondering if they are charging EXTRA for the 2nd driver that they automatically include, or if it really is no charge. We only have one driver, so I hope we aren't paying for a non-existant 2nd driver.>>>>

if you dont give a license number for the 2nd driver then there is no 2nd driver and either way there is no charge

here is the way its posted on my confirm

Contract I.D.

Guaranteed Base Rate Included

(1) Additional Driver Included

and there is no charge showing for the 2nd driver

kona
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good news from alomo rental car company

see www.DiscountHawaiiCarRental.com Free extra drivers with Thrifty and Alamo plus discounted rates

6. Re: Good news from alomo rental car company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2010, 06:16