We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can Canadians book through Costco Travel?

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
327 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Can Canadians book through Costco Travel?

Just wondering if Canadian Costco members can book through Costco Travel (costco.com). I know some have booked a car rental but has anyone ever booked a hotel/car package and what was your experience? Thank you....

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
327 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can Canadians book through Costco Travel?

bump

brampton, ontario
Level Contributor
224 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can Canadians book through Costco Travel?

I'm also interested in the reply. From what I've been able to determine, you must/should have a US point of departure (for me that would be Buffalo, NY - a one and a half hour drive from where I am). Then you have to calculate the exchange rate, which at the moment is pretty good and then week long parking fees (I haven't checked what those are yet). I don't know if it's cheaper, but once we get an answer, it'll definately help us with extra options.

But it's good to know that we can do car rentals through Costco.com. Too bad the Canadian outlets don't offer the same thing

Edited: 01 February 2010, 13:30
Long Island
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can Canadians book through Costco Travel?

You should call the costco travel rep for this question. As for booking packages without airfare (i.e. hotel and car only), I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. You only need your costco number.

brampton, ontario
Level Contributor
224 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can Canadians book through Costco Travel?

Good point. I never think of just hotel and car rental. I guess I've just gotten lazy and look at the whole package together. Sometimes it's almost stressfull building the package yourself and it's easier to let someone else take care of all the details. I'll go back and see if I can build a vacation plan with the hotel and car rental only, and worry about the air fare later

brampton, ontario
Level Contributor
224 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can Canadians book through Costco Travel?

I just talked to Warren at Costco Travel and he indicated that in order for us Canadians to book travel through them, we will require a U.S. address as they are only licensed to sell in the states. The only was around it he said, was to get a family member or friend who lives in the US and has a Costco membership to purchase it and you pay them back. Again, I'm not sure how that would work because the purchase name and member name is not the same as the travel name. I don't know about the US, but I bet they're alot like us in the sense that security is a big issue (LOL)

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
327 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can Canadians book through Costco Travel?

Hmmm, I'd rather not try and do something that might cause a mess with my reservations. Someone has said that if you book it all online it would be ok but I'm not sure about that either.

We got a great rate at the Hyatt through the AMA so maybe I will just stick with that.

brampton, ontario
Level Contributor
224 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can Canadians book through Costco Travel?

Warren at Costco Travel did say that you can use them to book care rentals because it goes directly to the car rental agency, but just at their lower rates. So it looks like Canadians can book theirs rides via Costco Travel

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
161 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can Canadians book through Costco Travel?

Sorry, not understanding.....can we book hotels through costco travel?

Thanks

brampton, ontario
Level Contributor
224 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can Canadians book through Costco Travel?

I would suggest that you call Costco directly, but from what I can guess at their US travel website, the only hotels that you can book directly through them for Hawaii would be the Hyatt and Best Western. You get redirected to the hotels website along with your Costco membership number to get your discount.

Costco packages look amazing, but unfortunately we Canadians cannot take advantage of them without a US relative to front us the funds.

Again, I'd suggest that you call Costco travel directly with your question to have them clarified it in more detail.

Edited: 14 February 2010, 13:52
10. Re: Can Canadians book through Costco Travel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2010, 05:16