We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

worth a thousand words....

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Topic
worth a thousand words....

Just got back from another trip "home" to our beloved Maui. While recovering from our red-eye flight, I thought for now, I'd post some random pictures. Link below....

picasaweb.google.com/CarenTvs/OahuMaui210…

Mount Vernon,Il
Level Contributor
739 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: worth a thousand words....

CTVS,

Words are not sufficient to describe your pictures, the scenery or the feelings that they bring to me and to all the Maui forum posters. I'll just say THANK YOU and simply leave it at that!!!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: worth a thousand words....

BadSurfer- We went to Mama's twice for lunch and ate an assortment of pupu's both times. Pictured was the Fish of the Day, marinated in coconut milk and lime (Tahitian ceviche style) served in a fresh Maui coconut. So fresh, cold and light but with a bit of a kick! I must find the recipe.... I'm not a big meat eater but the Seared Beef Polynesian served in a grilled ripe papaya was also outstanding.

txtravelinmom- you are way too kind, lol! Have a blast w/ur new camera and don't forget to post pics. We return to Maui the end of May...maybe we'll c u then :)

Sparks, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: worth a thousand words....

Wonderful pics, loved everyone!

Those of Oahu at night look like postcards!

rhode island
Level Contributor
808 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: worth a thousand words....

Fantastic photos! Im thinking of booking our trip in November right now! You've made me nostalgic for all of our favorite places, including Leonard's and Mama's. Thanks for posting.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: worth a thousand words....

somehow I knew these were shot by a Nikon. I had a Canon 40D for awhile but I couldn't get that camera to shoot the way I wanted to save my life. I gave up on it...I'm slowly migrating back to Nikon but for the time being I purchased an Olympus Micro four thirds camera.

Olympus Pen EP-2. Fantastic little camera so far!

miami
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: worth a thousand words....

Great pictures! What camera do you use if you dont mind my asking?

miami
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: worth a thousand words....

oopps sorry i didnt see that you had already answered this! thanks

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: worth a thousand words....

Great pics! You're making it harder for us to wait until the end of the month to go to Maui!

Missouri
Level Contributor
784 posts
1 review
Save Reply
29. Re: worth a thousand words....

Beautiful Pictures! I loved both the Waikiki pictures and the Maui ones. Makes me homesick! Thanks for sharing.

albuquerque
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: worth a thousand words....

Great photos! Takes me back toour first trip. Oahu then Maui. I remember all those spots. Beautiful, thanks for sharing those.